Chelsea is set to travel to Russia to face Zenit Saint Petersburg in the Champions League group stage match. Chelsea, despite qualifying for the Champions League round of 16, could field a lethal lineup against the Russian top flight club. This comes just a few days after a humiliating loss to West Ham in the English Premier League. The Blues were defeated 3-2 by West Ham this season, their heaviest defeat in the Premier League this season.
Chelsea’s coach Thomas Tuchel could start Belgian forward Romelu Lukaku as a striker, with Zyech and Mason Mount playing on both wings. Zyech and Mason Mount have been outstanding for the Blues, which has piqued Thomas Tuchel’s interest, with the coach considering starting them in the big game.
Meanwhile, Marcos Alonso, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Jorginho, and Reece James could start in midfield, with James and Alonso dropping behind as wing backs if the Blues lose possession. With Chalobah still out due to injury, Antonio Rudiger, Thiago Silva, and Azlipicueta could start for Chelsea at the back, while Édouard Mendy could start in goal despite gross errors leading to goals during the West Ham match.
- World Cup Group E: What do Spain, Germany, Japan and Costa Rica Need to qualify
- QATAR 2022: African teams and their chances of qualification to the next round.
- The 4 Most Expensive Club Sales In Football
- 5 Portuguese Players who will Help Cristiano Ronaldo Win the 2022 World Cup Trophy
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 8