Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel, has said that he is not surprised that England manager, Gareth Southgate, loves the Blues loanee, Conor Gallagher, because he also loved the midfielder from day one.
Tuchel said this while speaking on Gallagher’s future at Chelsea.
Gallagher is currently on loan at Crystal Palace from Chelsea.
The 21-year-old was recently included in Southgate’s World Cup qualifier squad after Chelsea’s Mason Mount withdrew.
“It is too early to talk about that in public before we talk with Conor himself and what his goals are, this will happen in the summer as we all agreed to the decision that we wanted to send him to Palace,” Tuchel said at his pre-match press conference on Friday ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League clash with Leicester City on Saturday.
“He saw a possibility for him. I am not surprised the national coach loves him because I loved him from day one. Humble, nice, smile on his face and all the time ready to give everything, want to learn and improve.
“As a teammate, I would have loved to play with him. It is a pleasure to know him, I am super happy that it has worked out so well. He needs to keep his feet on the ground
- Observations Made After Graham Potter’s Chelsea Defeated Crystal Palace 2-1 Away
- Things Graham Potter did that helped Chelsea defeat Crystal Palace 2-1 today at Selhurst Park
- Connor Gallagher’s Message To Chelsea Fans After Scoring His First Chelsea Goal.
- Watch Inter Milan vs Roma Live Streaming Match #RomaInter #InterRoma #INTROM
- Why Graham Potter’s 3-5-2 Formation Against Crystal Palace Is A Dynamic Set-up