Why Graham Potter’s 3-5-2 Formation Against Crystal Palace Is A Dynamic Set-up
Graham Potter set up his squad in a 3-5-2 formation against Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon at Selhurst Park. In a confirmed starting lineup released on the club’s official Twitter page on Saturday before the kickoff of the London derby in South London, Kepa Arrizabalaga started in between the sticks. Ben Chilwell, Thiago Silva and Wesley Fofana manned the defense in the Left Centre-back, Centre Centre-back and Right Central-back respectively.
The Midfield is stacked up with Mateo Kovavic, Jorginho in the Central and Mason Mount while Reece James and Raheem Sterling are starting as a Right wing-back and left wing-back respectively. Kai Havertz and Pierre Emerick Aubameyang formed an attacking partnership in the offense.
This setup against Crystal Palace is expected to be changing as the game goes on and this is because of the Players that Graham Potter fielded. Ben Chilwell has never played as a Left Centre-back before and Kalidou Koulibaly would have been suited to complete the defense but he was left on the bench.
The 3-5-2 formation might changed to 4-3-3 in the game. Ben Chilwell will move to Left-back while Reece James will drop to the Right-back with Wesley Fofana and Thiago Silva as Central-backs.
Jorginho will remain in the Central midfield with Mason Mount and Mateo Kovavic flanking him. Raheem Sterling will operate as a Left Winger, Aubameyang as a number 9 and Kai Havertz as a right Winger
- What Chelsea Could Do To Take All Three Points From Everton In Their PL At Stamford Bridge.
- CHE vs EVE : Facts Possible Lineup Injuries And Suspension The Referee And All You Need To Know
- The Wait Is Over: The Tecno Spark 10 Series Is Available Now With Premium Benefits
- TECNO unveils latest SPARK 10 Series with 32MP Glowing Selfie and Glass back Design
- What fans are saying after Todd Boehly’s reacted to Chelsea’s narrow win over Leeds United