Graham Potter set up his squad in a 3-5-2 formation against Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon at Selhurst Park. In a confirmed starting lineup released on the club’s official Twitter page on Saturday before the kickoff of the London derby in South London, Kepa Arrizabalaga started in between the sticks. Ben Chilwell, Thiago Silva and Wesley Fofana manned the defense in the Left Centre-back, Centre Centre-back and Right Central-back respectively.
The Midfield is stacked up with Mateo Kovavic, Jorginho in the Central and Mason Mount while Reece James and Raheem Sterling are starting as a Right wing-back and left wing-back respectively. Kai Havertz and Pierre Emerick Aubameyang formed an attacking partnership in the offense.
This setup against Crystal Palace is expected to be changing as the game goes on and this is because of the Players that Graham Potter fielded. Ben Chilwell has never played as a Left Centre-back before and Kalidou Koulibaly would have been suited to complete the defense but he was left on the bench.
The 3-5-2 formation might changed to 4-3-3 in the game. Ben Chilwell will move to Left-back while Reece James will drop to the Right-back with Wesley Fofana and Thiago Silva as Central-backs.
Jorginho will remain in the Central midfield with Mason Mount and Mateo Kovavic flanking him. Raheem Sterling will operate as a Left Winger, Aubameyang as a number 9 and Kai Havertz as a right Winger
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.