Villarreal vs Barcelona
Spain – La Liga
Date: Saturday, 27 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Estadio de la Ceramica.
Barcelona have started to show signs of improvement under Xavi, and fans are once again happy that their beloved team is playing attacking football. However, goal-scoring is still an issue that needs to be addressed
Meanwhile, Villarreal continue their inconsistent form, and have dropped points in majority of their games in 2021-22. This weekend, we expect a fierce encounter between these two squads who are desperate for points.
And the anticipation is that the newly-rejuvenated Barca should grind out a narrow win.
Villarreal vs Barcelona Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-2 win for the Catalans.
- They had won eight of their past nine clashes against this rival.
- At this venue, the guests had won nine of the preceding thirteen meetings at this ground.
- The guests had scored two or more goals in six of the past seven match-ups at this stadium.
Villarreal vs Barcelona Prediction & Analysis
Villarreal were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day by the struggling Celta Vigo. They had also lost a pivotal Champions League game at home after that, and had remained winless in 23 of their preceding 28 overall matches.
In fact, the team has shown no signs of improvement, and they continue to have a lackluster season.
On the other hand though, Barca are on a rise. They will have to go a long way before they are to be feared again, but still the players are showing life on the pitch under Xavi.
They will try their best to continue their unbeaten streak, and they will also massively lean on the superior h2h record they have against this opponent.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Barcelona this Saturday at the Estadio de la Ceramica.
Key Stats for Betting
- Barca are currently unbeaten in their last five games in a row, and had kept clean sheets in three of their past four fixtures.
- Two of these matches had come in the Champions League (both of which had clean sheets).
- Only three other teams have conceded fewer goals than them on the road in the Spanish top flight this season.
- Meanwhile, Villarreal have a total of just three wins to their name this season in the league, and two of those had come against the 18th placed Elche, and the 19th placed Getafe.
- They had conceded two or more goals in three of their past five appearances at home.
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.