Tottenham vs Southampton
English Premier League
Date: 6 August 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET
Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London).
Tottenham have been very active in the summer and many experts tout them as even the potential title contenders with all the latest acquisitions.
Spurs have added depth in key areas, carefully signing the players backed by Antonio Conte.
Richarlison will provide the much-needed back-up for Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son up front, Yves Bissouma and Clement Lenglet should drastically improve the team’s defensive displays, while Ivan Perisic and Djed Spence will be fantastic additions to Conte’s beloved wing-back positions.
We should by no means be surprised to see Spurs thriving this season with a well-equipped squad all over the place.
Also, you should not forget that Conte has already won six league titles with different clubs. Can he finally lead Spurs to a trophy this time around?
The Lilywhites will have a great chance to get off to a victorious start on Saturday afternoon when they welcome struggling Southampton to London for the Matchday No 1 fixture.
The visitors had a disappointing campaign last time out and they have done very little to actually improve the squad in between the two seasons.
Rangers’ Joe Aribo is the only significant acquisition so far for Ralph Hasenhuttl and his team. It is worth noting that the Saints no longer have Armando Broja who returned to his parent club Chelsea this summer.
Tottenham vs Southampton Head-to-head
- Tottenham have a clean record of 31 wins, 6 draws, and 9 defeats in the previous 46 home encounters with the Saints.
- However, Southampton are unbeaten in back-to-back clashes with Spurs, a run that involves a shocking 2-3 victory in February this year at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- We’ve witnessed goals at both ends in 14 of the previous 15 head to head matches between these two rivals.
Tottenham vs Southampton Prediction
Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son have been great in the pre-season for Spurs, combining g for the majority of the team’s goals this summer. Kane has had a particularly strong pre-season and we will back him to score anytime past the Saints at the odds of 1.72.
Looking at tradition, this should be a high-scoring affair. We like Tottenham to win & Over 2.5 goals FT pick at the 2.00 odds.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation