Shakhtar Donetsk vs Real Madrid
Europe – UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium.
The Los Blancos suffered an unexpected defeat in the Champions League the last match-day, and they will want to make amends before it’s too late. This Tueday, against the dead-last placed Shakhtar, expect the full brunt of Real Madrid and a huge win as well.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Real Madrid Head-to-head
- The 13-time European champions had scored four or more goals in all but two encounters so far, and have scored twice or more in all but one meeting.
- Shakhtar had remained winless in 18 of their total 23 clashes against other Spanish rivals.
- In the past five decades, only once have Ancelotti’s men lost against another Ukrainian opponent.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Real Madrid Prediction & Analysis
Shakhtar were held to a goalless draw the game week by Inter. Going on, they are currently finding it hard to showcase their usual dominance in the Ukrainian top flight, and it seems the dismal form has been carried over to their European games as well.
They are currently placed dead last in the group, and if they have any ambition of making it to the Round of 16, they will have to go for a huge win this Tuesday.
And this is kind of the perfect scenario for the Royal Whites. They are in need of a win, and the desperation of their opponents will be hugely beneficial for the team that loves spaces at the back and counterattacks.
Moreover, Carlo Ancelotti’s men have also scored in huge numbers in h2h meetings over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a convincing win for Real Madrid at the NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium.
Key Stats for Betting
- Shakhtar are placed bottom-most in the table, and they are yet to post a win, as well as are yet to score a goal in the 2021-22 edition of the CL.
- Real Madrid have lost just twice in total since their defeat in the semis of the previous CL, and during the stretch, they had even gone on a five-game winning streak.
- They have currently scored the most number of goals in the Spanish La Liga – 22 from just eight fixtures.
- Meanwhile, Shakhtar had remained winless in five of their last ten match-ups, and they had missed out on the Ukrainian league title the last season as well
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.