Sevilla vs Barcelona
Spanish La Liga
Date: 3 September 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan (Sevilla).
Sevilla are not pulling up any trees at the start of the 2022/23 La Liga season. They have claimed just one point in the opening three matches despite facing the likes of Osasuna, Valladolid, and Almeria in the process.
The latest failure came last Saturday when Los Rojiblancos fell 2-1 away at newly-promoted Almeria despite getting an early lead through Oliver Torres.
This is certainly not the kind of form you want to have ahead of the matches against the likes of Barcelona and Manchester City (UEFA Champions League) in the next four days.
We thus have reasons to consider Sevilla big underdogs here against the Catalans who are flying high after bagging four goals in each of the last two victories.
After a sloppy start to the season and a disappointing goalless draw to Rayo Vallecano at Spotify-Camp Nou, Barcelona grew in confidence by destroying both Real Sociedad and Valladolid in the last two rounds.
Robert Lewandowski is enjoying a scintillating form at the start of the season as the Polish forward already has four goals to his name after three rounds.
The former Bayern Munich star should have plenty of space to deliver here against Sevilla who are yet to keep a clean sheet in this term of the competition.
Sevilla vs Barcelona Head-to-head
- Barcelona won three and drew one of the last four head to head encounters with Sevilla.
- Barcelona have 16 wins, 9 draws, and 9 defeats in the previous 34 away clashes against Sevilla.
- All but one of the previous seven head to head affairs between these two rivals ended with fewer than three goals scored.
Sevilla vs Barcelona Prediction
Sevilla have huge problems with the lack of defensive meticulousness at the start of the season. Since they allowed five goals in three games against the teams such as Osasuna, Valladolid, and Almeria, we can only wonder how many goals they will concede against the red-hot attacking line of Barcelona here.
Although Sevilla lost just one home match last season in La Liga, we have to take the away win here based on everything we have seen from these two teams in the last couple of weeks
- Opinion; Ngolo Kante Does More Than One Player’s Work At Chelsea
- Watch Denmark vs France Live Streaming Match #DENFRA #NationsLeague
- Current WSL Table & Match Review as Chelsea won 2 – 0 against Manchester City.
- Watch Asante Kotoko vs Hearts of Oak Live Streaming Match #GPLwk3 #SuperClash #KotokoHearts
- Graham Potter Should Figure Out Players That Don’t Want Be At Chelsea Before Signing New Players