Sevilla vs Barcelona
Spain – LaLiga
Date: Tuesday, 21 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:30 UK/ 21:30 CET
Venue: Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán.
Sevilla have set sights on a top-two finish this season, and frankly they have a decent chance to do so. Titans like Barca and Atleti are dealing with issues of their own, and it seems like a solution is not at close for either.
Currently the team has placed themselves second in the table, and their confidence is at a high, after they managed to secure a win over defending champions Atletico Madrid.
And this Tuesday, they are at home, against the struggling Barcelona. New manager Xavi might have made some improvements for the Catalans, but their problems are so deep-rooted, that it would take at least a season or two before they are back to their best.
This is the time to strike for the perennial underachievers in La Liga. For the past several years, the dominance of the Big Three has led to other squads being overshadowed. But no more. It’s their time now. Count on Sevilla to grind out a win at their home.
And taking into account the weak defense of the Catalans, anticipate goals in plenty too.
Sevilla vs Barcelona Head-to-head (h2h)
- 12 of the past 17 clashes had three or more goals.
- The latest match-up had ended in a 3-0 win for Barca.
- The hosts had scored two or more goals in three of the former five encounters at this venue.
- Eight of the preceding thirteen fixtures at this ground had three or more goals.
Sevilla vs Barcelona Prediction & Analysis
Sevilla registered a confidence-boosting 2-1 win at home the last match-day, against title-holders Atleti. Note that the winning goal had come in the 88th minute.
They are also on a winning streak, and are scoring goals quite in huge numbers. Moreover, they have a great streak going on at home, and they will also be determined to deliver a win over the struggling Catalans, who have terrorized them during their heydays.
Going on, Xavi’s men did register a win the past game week. But it was against Elche, and even then they were unable to keep a clean sheet.
In fact, defense has been a major issue for the team the past several seasons, and it’s no different this time either. By the looks of things, expect a win for Sevilla at the Ramon Sanchez this Tuesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sevilla are placed second in the table, and they have conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition.
- They have lost just twice all through the campaign, and one of these defeats had come against Real Madrid.
- Meanwhile, Barca have a single win from their last five matches, and it had come against the 17th placed Elche.
- Five of their past six games had three or more goals
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move
- Antonio Rudiger makes big Chelsea contract admission after becoming a man at Stamford Bridge
- Why Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea Career Could End Just Like Frank Lampard’s