Salzburg vs Chelsea
Date: Tuesday, 25 October 2022
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Red Bull Arena.
Chelsea are on the verge of making it to the next round of the Champions League. They are placed at the top of the table, and a win this Tuesday over the comparatively much weaker Salzburg would guarantee the top-most spot for them.
The Blues started their European campaign in a worrying manner, as they lost on the road against minnows Dinamo Zagreb.
But they managed to recoup after that, and went on an unbeaten run. In fact, barring a draw after their opener, the two-time European champions have a 100% winning record.
As of now, they scored the most number of goals in the group, and conceded the least as well.
Currently they have a lead of one point over the second-placed team, and it is against this second-placed squad they are pitted against this Tuesday. Which means, a victory this game week is of extreme importance to them.
Going on, they have also been in good shape in the English top flight lately, and this added confidence will be a boost to them.
Meanwhile, we have Salzburg on the other side, who are trying their best to make some upsets in Europe.
However, they are not able to convert most of their draws into wins. They remained unbeaten for the major part of the past few months, but most of these ended in level scores.
Even at home they have been helpless to move in for the kill. And it is going to be a challenge for them to take on a determined Chelsea.
Expect the Blues to dominate proceedings this Tuesday right from the get-go.
Salzburg vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- Only once have these two teams locked horns before. In what was the reverse fixture of this upcoming encounter, the two teams shared points with a 1-1 scorecard.
Salzburg vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Despite remaining unbeaten at home in the past two months, Salzburg were able to register just a single win during this stretch. And it came against Dinamo Zagreb, who are placed bottom-most in their CL group.
On the other hand, the Blues are in fine form, and are much more experienced in these nerve-racking games in Europe.
They also managed to vastly improve their form on the road, and are excited to make their advantage count. Expect a winning performance from Chelsea this Tuesday.
- Observations as Chelsea FC resumes training ahead of friendly game against Aston Villa
- Messi Vs Lewandowski: Who Has A Better Goal To Game Ratio For His Country
- TUN 1-0 FRA: Why Fans Are Reacting After Griezmann’s Stoppage Time Equalizer Was Canceled
- Why The Referee Was Right To Cancel France’s Goal In The 108th Minute Of Today’s Game
- QATAR 2022: Argentina, Germany and other big teams who could be eliminated in their last group games