Roma vs Leicester
Europa Conference League
Date: Thursday, 5 May 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Olimpico.
Jose Mourinho has the great opportunity to become the first manager to win the Champions league, Europa League and now the Conference League.
His stint at Roma as not been a fairy tale so far. However, the legendary manager now has the opportunity to turn it around.
His team is just 90 minutes away from the title showdown. And it requires special mentioning that of the four teams remaining in the tournament, they easily are the strongest.
Still, former English champions Leicester will have their say in this regard. It is a doubt if they will secure a top tier finish in the English top flight and thus make it to one of Europe’s premier competitions next season. As such, winning the conference league might be their only option to ensure themselves continental football this coming year.
As these two lock horns with each other this Thursday, expect a fierce encounter. And by all means anticipate goals to come in plenty.
Going on, considering the form of the Romans at home, and the struggles of the Foxes on the road, Mou’s men do have the edge here.
Roma vs Leicester Head-to-head (h2h)
- The first leg had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- This remains the only clash between the two in the 21st century.
Roma vs Leicester Prediction & Analysis
The first leg had ended in a 1-1 draw, and the Italians had an upper hand in this fixture throughout. In fact, if not for their own goal, they could have stolen a win on the road.
Still, they can do it at home. They were unbeaten in 18 of their past 21 overall games, and they have lost a total of just three times at home this entire season in all competitions.
On the other hand, the Foxes are on a five-game winless run at the moment, and had conceded three goals in their latest match-up. Do also note that they have a single win on the road since the first week of March.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Roma. And considering this is the second leg of a major European semifinal, count on the struggling Leicester defense to be put to the guillotine. Expect goals in plenty.
Key Stats for Betting
- Roma have lost just against two teams in the past four months. And one of these teams are the defending Italian champions Inter.
- They have lost just against three teams at home this whole season. And these three squads are Inter, AC Milan, and Juventus.
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move
- Antonio Rudiger makes big Chelsea contract admission after becoming a man at Stamford Bridge
- Why Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea Career Could End Just Like Frank Lampard’s