Real Sociedad vs Real Madrid
Spain – La Liga
Date: Saturday, 4 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Reale Arena.
The Los Blancos have finally made it to the top of the table, and if history is any indication, it would be hard to bring them down now. They have built quite some momentum, and almost all of their players are in top form.
They have a great test coming up though. One of their chief rivals for the top spot this season, Sociedad, will be their opponents for the coming match-day.
By all means, expect a fierce encounter, as both will fight it out to get a formidable advantage in the title-race. Still, Real Madrid should manage to grind out a win.
Real Sociedad vs Real Madrid Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Five of the past six clashes had goals from both teams.
- 16 of the former 20 meetings had three or more goals.
- Since 2004, only once have the hosts kept a clean sheet at this ground.
Real Sociedad vs Real Madrid Prediction & Analysis
The Los Blancos recorded a 2-1 win at home the last match-day, against Sevilla – one of the best teams in the league. They are also on a six-game winning streak, and had scored two or more goals in eight of the past nine fixtures.
They had also won eight of the past nine road trips, and had slotted in a total of 21 goals in the process.
On the other hand, Sociedad are on a three-game winless run, and their last two fixtures were losses. They also were winless in six of their past eight match-ups, and are on a three-game winless run at home.
Judging these observations, as well as previous h2h stats, expect a win for Real Madrid this Saturday.
However, Sociedad have been one of the best teams overall in the league this season, and they have been on a great run at home as well.
Count on them to find the back of the net at least once this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Carlo Ancelotti’s men are placed at the top of the table, and that too with a four-point lead.
- They have scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition. In fact, not only are they the only squad to have crossed the 30-goal mark, but they also have scored eight more goals than any other team in the competition.
- Meanwhile, Sociedad have lost just once all through the campaign, and the defeat had come against Barcelona.
- They have been completely unbeaten at home since April, and their three defeats at this venue in 2021 had come against Barcelona, Sevilla, and Manchester United.
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.
- How Chelsea might line up against Crystal Palace as Graham Potter is looking forward to his 1st win.
- Graham Potter’s Chelsea’s XI next summer if Boehly issues go-ahead for four transfers.
- CRP vs Che: 4 Chelsea Players Ruled Out Of The Match Against Crystal Palace