Real Sociedad vs Barcelona
Spanish La Liga
Date: 21 August 2022, Sunday
Kick-off at 21:00 UK / 22:00 CET
Venue: Reale Arena (Donostia-San Sebastian).
Barcelona finished the last season 13 points behind champions Real Madrid and Joan Laporta and his board decided to make massive cuts ahead of the new campaign as a consequence.
The club invested a lot in summer signings to acquire the likes of Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha, Jules Kounde, and Franck Kessie among others.
Barcelona now once again have a star-studded lineup, including the electric attacking line of Raphinha, Ousmane Dembele, Ansu Fati, Ferran Torres, and Robert Lewandowski.
They looked beyond impressive in the preseason exhibitions and Xavi’s men entered the 2022/23 La Liga season with the highest ambitions, aiming to dethrone bitter Madrid rivals in both domestic league and the UEFA Champions League.
However, Blaugrana did not get off to the best possible start. They failed to break Rayo Vallecano down on the opening day, playing just a goalless draw at Spotify Camp Nou last weekend.
Xavi’s troops will now have a much tougher task to get their maiden win of the season on Sunday evening when they travel to Donostia-San Sebastian to take on Real Sociedad in the second round of the competition.
The Basques began the new season with a 0-1 victory at Cadiz thanks to a goal from Takefusa Kubo (Real Madrid’s kid).
Sociedad completely dominated the happenings on the pitch at Estadio Nuevo Mirandilla, allowing their counterparts no more than two shots on target in the 90 minutes of play.
Real Sociedad vs Barcelona Head-to-head
- Barcelona have usually done well against Real Sociedad in recent years.
- Blaugrana won five and drew one of the previous six encounters with the Basques.
- Both teams scored in four of the last five head to head meetings.
Real Sociedad vs Barcelona Prediction
Sociedad did leave a strong impression on the opening day but we have to fancy Barcelona at the attractive 2.10 odds for the win at Reale Arena.
Xavi has an extremely talented squad on disposal and Barcelona have won five of the last six head to head affairs against this opposition. You can alternatively back the Under 2.5 goals FT pick at the 2.00 odds knowing that both outfits looked better defensively than offensively last weekend on the opening day
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City