Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk
UEFA – Champions League
Date: Wednesday, 3 November 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK / 18:45 CET
Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.
We saw the gulf in quality between these two teams a couple of weeks ago in Ukraine. Real Madrid are massive favorites here and we expect them to dominate the pitch from the start to the end.
Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk Head-to-head
Real Madrid and Shakhtar Donetsk locked horns in the group stage of the Champions League two seasons ago when the Ukrainian outfit shockingly celebrated two wins.
Overall, Real Madrid lead the tie by a single win going into the sixth clash against Shakhtar in the recent history.
We’ve seen four or more goals in four of the last five head to head affairs between the two teams.
Real Madrid bagged five unanswered goals past Shakhtar Donetsk two weeks ago in Ukraine.
Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk Predictions & Analysis
Real Madrid will be hoping to repeat the performance from two weeks ago when they battered Shakhtar Donetsk 0-5 away on the Ukrainian soil.
Los Blancos thus successfully bounced back from a shocking home defeat to Champions League debutants Sheriff Tiraspol in the second round of the competition.
Real and Sheriff are joint leaders in Group D halfway through the campaign. Carlo Ancelotti’s men will be keen to avoid any potential complications.
The result here is very important for the hosts, especially with the fixture against Inter Milan upcoming next.
Real Madrid will enter this mid-week game on a high after beating Elche 1-2 on Saturday.
Vinicius Junior, who completed a brace against Shakhtar in Ukraine, scored two goals once again at the weekend.
The Brazilian forward will no doubts be the main threat to Shakhtar’s goal on Wednesday.
The visitors have raised the confidence after the mentioned disaster against Real Madrid in the Champions League with three consecutive domestic victories.
However, these will count for little when they come face to face with Spanish heavyweights once again on Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Real Madrid demolished Shakhtar Donetsk 0-5 away in Ukraine two weeks ago.
- Real Madrid won three and drew one of the last four outings in all competitions.
- Shakhtar Donetsk took only one point in three Champions League games so far.
- The Ukrainian outfit have a dismal goal difference of 0-7 after three rounds in the Champions League
- Observations Made After Graham Potter’s Chelsea Defeated Crystal Palace 2-1 Away
- Things Graham Potter did that helped Chelsea defeat Crystal Palace 2-1 today at Selhurst Park
- Connor Gallagher’s Message To Chelsea Fans After Scoring His First Chelsea Goal.
- Watch Inter Milan vs Roma Live Streaming Match #RomaInter #InterRoma #INTROM
- Why Graham Potter’s 3-5-2 Formation Against Crystal Palace Is A Dynamic Set-up