Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk
UEFA Champions League
Date: Wednesday, 5 October 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu (Madrid).
Real Madrid welcome Shakhtar Donetsk to Santiago Bernabeu for the Champions League fixture for a third year straight year.
This fixture over the past two years have seen it all, the Ukrainians bagging back-to-back wins in 2020 before Real had their revenge in last year’s duels.
This term, Real Madrid started their campaign in the front foot beating Celtic and Leipzig with goals scored by five different players.
A routine win is in the cards for Real Madrid despite their perfect start to the campaign came to and end at this ground on the weekend courtesy of a resilient defensive display by Osasuna. They won 8 of the bounce before the 1-1 draw at the Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday.
Shakhtar Donetsk are unbeaten in the competition, they were held to a 1-1 draw by Celtic before opening the campaign with a thumping 4-1 win at Leipzig.
Their domestic form is also good, with a five match unbeaten run sitting at the top of Ukraine Premier League, though they are forced out of their home town due to ongoing war in the country.
Shakhtar are second in their Champions League group with four points in their bag and a surprise win here could take them to the top of the pile regardless of results elsewhere.
Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk Head-to-head
- Real won this fixture 2-1 last year before a crushing 5-0 win at Kiev.
- This happened after Shakhtar bagged a 3-2 win at this ground in the previous campaign and completed the double with the 2-0 win at their own ground.
- Madrid lead the overall h2h stats with four wins from six.
- A total of 26 goals were scored in those fixtures with four of them registering over 3.5 goals.
Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk Prediction
We will back both teams to score in this match with Real struggling to keep clean sheets this season. While both Celtic and Leipzig failed to find the net, but they had enough clear chances to get past Thibaut Courtois, who is most likely to miss this fixture.
All six La Liga games of Real this season registered btts and we can may not wrong in taking the same at 1.95 on Wednesday.
Along with that, we back Vinicius to net anytime here having scored in 7 of his last 8 appearances for the club across all competitions
- Observations as Chelsea FC resumes training ahead of friendly game against Aston Villa
- Messi Vs Lewandowski: Who Has A Better Goal To Game Ratio For His Country
- TUN 1-0 FRA: Why Fans Are Reacting After Griezmann’s Stoppage Time Equalizer Was Canceled
- Why The Referee Was Right To Cancel France’s Goal In The 108th Minute Of Today’s Game
- QATAR 2022: Argentina, Germany and other big teams who could be eliminated in their last group games