Real Madrid vs Barcelona
Spanish La Liga
Date: 16 October 2022, Sunday
Kick-off at 15:15 UK / 16:15 CET
Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu (Madrid).
A real buzz is expected in and around Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday afternoon when Real Madrid and Barcelona meet each other in another El Clasico.
This one is particularly interesting since both bitter rivals head into it level on points. The outfits have seven wins and a draw each after the opening eight rounds.
Barcelona began the new campaign with the goalless draw to Rayo Vallecano on the home patch but went on to win seven successive league outings.
However, Blaugrana have huge problems in the UEFA Champions League after back-to-back defeats away at Bayern Munich and Inter Milan.
This is a quick turnaround for them following a tough and equally important continental competition tie with Inter Milan on Wednesday evening at Spotify Camp Nou.
On the other side, Carlo Ancelotti rested Junior Vinicius in the mid-week’s Champions League tie against Shakhtar Donetsk in Poland.
Both Real Madrid and Barcelona have been very tough to break down so far in the season. As odd as it sounds, Blaugrana have only shipped one goal in the inaugural eight rounds.
We always expect goal fests in this matchup and it is never a good idea to back a low-scoring scenario with the likes of Karim Benzema and Robert Lewandowski leading the lines for the bigger Spain rivals.
However, based on how good the two teams have been defensively so far in the season, we would not be surprised to actually witness a low-scoring affair on Sunday in the capital.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona Head-to-head
- Real Madrid were the more successful side across competitions in the last several years, but it’s Barcelona who will come into this on the back of two straight wins in El Clasicos.
- Blaugrana claimed a demolishing 0-4 victory when they last visited Estadio Santiago Bernabeu in March this year.
- We’ve seen three or more goals in five of the last six El Clasicos.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona Prediction
The Under 2.5 goals FT pick is worth backing at the 2.37 odds knowing how good both teams have been defensively of late.
As for the outcome, it can always go either way in this matchup which is why we will rather go for the value and back the 1-1 correct score pick at the attractive 7.50 odds
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation