PSG vs Troyes
French Ligue 1
Date: 8 May 2022, Sunday
Kick-off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: Parc Des Princes (Paris).
Troyes pulled of one of their best performances of the season last weekend when they shocked Lille 3-0 at Stade de l’Aube.
It was a huge result for Bruno Irles’ men who are now five points above Saint-Etienne in the place that takes to the relegation playoffs after the finish of the season.
Troyes controlled the match from the beginning to the end, allowing their rivals no more than a single attempt on target over the 90 minutes of play.
Such a showing came straight out of nowhere since Irles’ men had previously been on a thread of three losses and a draw in the last four Ligue 1 games.
However, Troyes will face an extremely tough task in an attempt to back up this win on Sunday evening when they travel to the capital to battle record-equaling tenth-time champions PSG at Parc Des Princes.
PSG, who are 14 points clear at the top of the standings with just three games to spare, have drawn in the previous two rounds.
They dropped a two-goal lead to only claim a point in a 3-3 draw away at the UEFA Champions League hopefuls Strasbourg last Friday. Will they return to winning ways here against Troyes?
PSG vs Troyes Head-to-head
- Troyes have never been a serious opposition to PSG who will come into this on the back of eight consecutive wins in this matchup.
- PSG have been especially dominant in the clashes at Parc Des Princes where they won nine and drew one of the last ten against Troyes.
- Troyes notched only a single goal in the previous four meetings with Les Parisiens.
PSG vs Troyes Prediction
The visitors are in a bigger need for points and they will go into this on the back of a 3-0 drubbing of Lille. However, the difference in quality between these two teams is just enormous and we would be stunned to see any other outcome but a commanding victory for Mauricio Pochettino’s side here.
PSG have a great home record of 15 wins and 2 draws in 17 Ligue 1 outings this term. They have conceded only 10 goals in the process. PSG to win to nil is the way to go at the odds of 1.90.
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move
- Antonio Rudiger makes big Chelsea contract admission after becoming a man at Stamford Bridge
- Why Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea Career Could End Just Like Frank Lampard’s