PSG vs RB Leipzig
Europe – Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes.
Leipzig have already conceded the most number of goals in the group, and they are yet to face the superstar trio of PSG. The Parisians are expected to secure the three points in style this Tuesday at home.
PSG vs Leipzig Head-to-head
- These two had locked horns in the 2019-20 semi-final of the CL. In the single-legged tie, the Parisians recorded a 3-0 victory.
- In the 2020-21 edition of the competition, these two had taken on each other in the group stages. Then, either team won their respective games at home.
- PSG are on a four-fixture winning streak against other German teams.
- Meanwhile, Leipzig are on a three-game winless run against other French opponents.
PSG vs RB Leipzig Prediction & Analysis
Pochettino’s men recorded a 2-0 win at home the last match-day in the CL, against Manchester City.
This certainly was a confidence-boosting win for the former Ligue 1 champions – as not only did they record a win against one of the CL favorites, but new arrival Leo Messi found the back of the net in an audacious manner, signaling that Europe’s best top-three has started to gel together.
They also have a phenomenal record at home this new season, and have been scoring goals here almost at will. Moreover, the team has shown several instances where they showed the fighting mentality to find wins from losing situations.
On the other hand, Leipzig lost 1-2 at home the last game week in the CL, against Club Brugge. This was a game they were supposed to win – instead they lost against the weakest team in the group.
Not only does this reduce their confidence, but it puts them under huge pressure as well. Leipzig will have to go after a huge win this Tuesday, and the attacking talent at Paris will surely be feasting on the spaces left behind.
Expect a high-scoring victory for PSG at the Parc des Princes.
Key Stats for Betting
- Mauricio Pochettino’s men had scored two or more goals in ten of their previous twelve games in all competitions.
- They have a 100% winning record at home in 2021-22, and have a combined scorecard of 16-6 from these six appearances.
- So far they have conceded the least number of goals in Group A in the Champions League.
- Leipzig have a 100% losing record in the CL so far this new season, and they have a single win on the road in 2021-22 in all competitions.. This sole victory had come in the DFB Pokal, against a team from the lower division.
- They have a single clean sheet to their name away from home in the past seven-month period