Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Wanda Metropolitano (Madrid).
Liverpool will travel to the Wanda Metropolitano as they take on Atletico Madrid in group B of the Champions League. The winner of this fixture will go on top of the group of death.
While the Spanish champions have an edge over the visitors in h2h matches, the Reds have not suffered a loss in competitive fixtures since their defeat against another Madrid side in Real Madrid back in April this year.
Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool Head-to-head
- The last time these teams met, Liverpool was knocked out of the Champions League in the 2019/20 season at Anfield, in a 3-2 loss after extra time.
- In 6 previous meetings in UEFA competitions, Rojiblancos have 3 wins and a loss.
- No more than 2 goals have been scored in regulation time in any of their previous encounters.
- The Reds have not defeated Atletico at this venue and have scored just once in 3 matches.
- However, the team should have fond memories at the Wanda Metropolitano, having won their 6th Champions League title here.
Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool Prediction & Analysis
Atleti was last seen in a comfortable 2-0 win against a struggling FC Barcelona. Earlier that week Suarez converted a penalty in the 97th minute against a 10 man AC Milan to take 3 points at San Siro.
Los Colchoneros, in their last 5 league matches have lost against Alaves away from home and were held to a draw at home by Athletic Bilbao, winning the other 3 games. In their opening Champions League fixture Porto walked away from Madrid with a point after a 0-0 draw, despite being a man down during the closing moments of the game.
With 5 wins and a draw, Indios sit 3rd in La Liga behind cross-town rivals Real Madrid and Real Sociedad, with 17 points to their tally. With a win and a draw in the Champions League, they sit second in the group behind their opponents this week by 2 points.
Liverpool smashed Watford 5-0 last Saturday away from home. In their last Champions League outing, they came away with a 5-1 thumping of Porto. The front 3 of Mane, Salah and Firmino got on the scoresheet on both occasions. The Brazilian has been prolific especially, having registered a hat trick at Vicarage Road and a brace in Portugal.
The Merseyside club will go into the match undefeated in the Premier League and the Champions League. However, they have dropped points in draws against Brentford and Manchester City, winning the other 3 of their last 5 league games.
As the only undefeated team in the EPL, they sit in 2nd position with 5 wins and 3 draws to their name, they are a point off leaders Chelsea with 18 points to their tally. In the UCL they sit top of the group with 2 wins in 2 games.
Atletico has the better of this foe in preceding encounters and is yet to lose against them at home and have done well for themselves recently. However, Simeone knowing the form of their opponents will not go all guns blazing.
Liverpool has been dominating both domestically and in the UCL, however, they were held to draws against Chelsea and the Citizens. They would have to be on top of their game to take all 3 points this Tuesday, against an opposition they have always struggled against.
We are backing Jürgen Klopp’s men to just about edge it over their opponents however, a draw no bet is a safer option. It is very difficult to bet against Salah at the moment, so expect him to get on the scoresheet.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Reds are undefeated in their last 20 competitive fixtures.
- Atletico dropped points against Alaves, Athletic Bilbao and Porto within a space of 10 days in September.
- Salah has scored in each of his previous 8 appearances.
- The Egyptian is the joint top scorer in the Premier League and has scored the most goals in Group B of the UCL
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation