PSG vs Monaco
French Ligue 1
Date: 28 August 2022, Sunday
Kick-off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes (Paris).
PSG and Monaco will complete Matchday No 4 in Ligue 1 on Sunday evening in the derby at Parc des Princes.
However, we can only call it a derby on paper because the gulf in quality between PSG and the rest of the field in the top flight of French football seems greater than ever this season.
Although the team’s main stars clearly have internal issues among them (namely Kylian Mbappe, Neymar, and Lionel Messi), they just can’t stop scoring goals at the beginning of the season.
The reigning champions have thus bagged at least five goals in each of the opening three matches of the season.
When you add the 4-0 drubbing of Nantes in the French Super Cup, you get the dominance rarely seen in football at all.
PSG should have been tested heavily last weekend when they visited Stade Pierre-Mauroy fort the clash against Lille (the 2020/21 champions).
However, they turned the game into a one-way street, beating Lille 1-7 at the end. Monaco have a very strong squad this season but just doubt their capabilities in the away clash against ruthless PSG.
Also, we have to say that Les Monegasques were eliminated in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round at the hands of PSV Eindhoven.
Last but not least, the team led by Belgian manager Philippe Clement will travel to the capital off the back of a 1-4 home defeat to the likes of Lens.
PSG vs Monaco Head-to-head
- PSG are enormous favorites going into this tie but it is worth mentioning that the two teams have two wins apiece in their previous four outings.
- Monaco demolished Les Parisiens 3-0 when the teams last met in March this year at Stade Louis II.
- None of the previous four head to head clashes between the two rivals provided goals at both ends.
PSG vs Monaco Prediction
It is very hard to back anything else but a commanding win for PSG regardless of the opposition in France.
We will take the hosts to win in -2.5 Asian Handicap at the 2.15 odds, while we also like the red-hot Lionel Messi to score anytime at the 1.80 odds
- Opinion; Ngolo Kante Does More Than One Player’s Work At Chelsea
- Watch Denmark vs France Live Streaming Match #DENFRA #NationsLeague
- Current WSL Table & Match Review as Chelsea won 2 – 0 against Manchester City.
- Watch Asante Kotoko vs Hearts of Oak Live Streaming Match #GPLwk3 #SuperClash #KotokoHearts
- Graham Potter Should Figure Out Players That Don’t Want Be At Chelsea Before Signing New Players