Newcastle vs Tottenham
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 17 October 2021
Kick-off at 16:30 UK/ 17:30 CET
Venue: St. James’ Park.
Newcastle play for the first time after their ambitious takeover by new owners. But they might have to wait for some time before their fortunes turn around on the pitch. For now, Tottenham are still favorites to secure the three points this Sunday at the St. James’s Park.
Newcastle vs Tottenham Head-to-head
- Tottenham had recorded 12 of the past 18 overall wins.
- The last three clashes in a row had goals from both teams.
- Not once have the hosts kept a clean sheet at this ground in the past 16-year period.
- The visitors had scored two or more goals in six of the last seven clashes at this stadium.
Newcastle vs Tottenham Prediction & Analysis
Newcastle lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Wolves. They are also on an eight-game winless streak, and five of these were defeats.
They have a total of just three wins to their name at home in the whole of 2021, and they had remained winless in 26 of their total 38 matches the previous season in the PL.
On the other hand, Tottenham had recorded a 2-1 win at home against Aston Villa the past game week, and only thrice have they failed to score against a team since their defeat against Manchester City in April, in the EFL Cup.
Moreover, they have lost just thrice on the road since May of 2021, and had slotted in a total of five goals from their former three road trips.
On top of that, they also have a great h2h record against Newcastle over the years.
For the reasons, expect a win for the Spurs this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Newcastle are yet to post a win this new season, and they are understandably placed 19th in the table – with just three points against their name.
- They have conceded the most number of goals in the English top flight, and their only clean sheet in 2021-22 had come in the EFL Cup, against Burnley (a game which they lost in penalties).
- Spurs had scored two or more goals in three of their past four overall games.
- Only twice have they failed to score on the road since April of 2021.
- They have found the back of the net an impressive seven times from just their last two games.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation