Newcastle vs Manchester City
English Premier League
Date: 21 August 2022, Sunday
Kick-off at 16:30 UK / 17:30 CET
Venue: St. James’ Park (Newcastle upon Tyne).
Manchester City will be looking to maintain their perfect record at the start of the 2022/23 Premier League campaign on Sunday afternoon when they travel to St. James’ Park to take on Newcastle.
The Citizens have eased past both West Ham United and Bournemouth in the opening two outings, netting six unanswered goals in the process.
Pep Guardiola’s machinery were barely even troubled defensively, completely controlling the outcomes of both matches so far.
Newcastle, on the other side, showed two opposite faces in the inaugural two rounds. They were brilliant in the commanding 2-0 victory over newly-promoted Nottingham on the opening day, but only to offer a mediocre display in a goalless draw away at Brighton last weekend.
Anyways, both Newcastle and Man City are yet to concede this season. Also, the Magpies produced a much better display at home where they generally thrive in front of the St. James’ crowd.
We can say this should be a serious test for the Citizens. It will be very interesting to see how Erling Haaland will perform after having no more than eight touches in his team’s 4-0 thumping of Bournemouth eight days ago.
The Norwegian forward will be highly motivated to shine once again on travel having bagged a brace in the opening day’s fixture at West Ham.
Newcastle vs Manchester City Head-to-head
- Manchester City have dominated this matchup in the recent years.
- The Citizens have scored at least four goals in each of the previous wins over Newcastle.
- Man City bagged nine unanswered goals past the Magpies in the previous term of the Premier League.
Newcastle vs Manchester City Prediction
Manchester City’s defense looked impeccable in the inaugural two rounds and it is hard to back anything else but their clean-sheet victory over the Magpies on Sunday. This scenario is priced up at the exciting 2.37 odds.
The punters who like correct score predictions can try with Manchester City to win 0-2 at the odds of 8.00. We don’t see a huge thumping knowing that the Magpies have improved defensively compared to the last couple of seasons
- Opinion; Ngolo Kante Does More Than One Player’s Work At Chelsea
- Watch Denmark vs France Live Streaming Match #DENFRA #NationsLeague
- Current WSL Table & Match Review as Chelsea won 2 – 0 against Manchester City.
- Watch Asante Kotoko vs Hearts of Oak Live Streaming Match #GPLwk3 #SuperClash #KotokoHearts
- Graham Potter Should Figure Out Players That Don’t Want Be At Chelsea Before Signing New Players