Marseille vs Tottenham
UEFA Champions League
Date: 1 November 2022, Tuesday
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Orange Velodrome (Marseille).
A real buzz is expected in and around Stade Velodrome on Tuesday evening when Marseille and Tottenham take on each other in the decisive fixture in the battle for the knockout phase of the UEFA Champions League.
Spurs missed a big chance to secure the qualification to the last 16 round last week when they only drew 1-1 at home to Sporting Lisbon.
We witnessed a huge drama at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as VAR needed four full minutes to disallow Harry Kane’s late winner for tiny offside call.
Antonio Conte’s men are still in the best position going into the final day of the campaign. The visitors are Group D leaders with 8 points but the rock-bottomed Marseille are just two points shy.
This means that a potential defeat at Stade Orange Velodrome would knock Tottenham out of the competition.
This only makes things much tougher for Spurs who have a clash against Liverpool on schedule for Sunday.
Marseille are also set to play derby in Ligue 1 on Sunday against Lyon as the schedule can hardly be worse for both outfits.
It is worth noting that Marseille’s both wins have come against Sporting Lisbon who were down to ten men in both affairs.
The team led by Croatian manager Igor Tudor have big problems with the lack of attacking efficiency of late. Marseille scored just one goal in the previous three outings in all competitions.
Marseille vs Tottenham Head-to-head
- Marseille and Tottenham did not have an opportunity to lock horns prior to this season of the UEFA Champions League.
- Tottenham celebrated an easy 2-0 victory in the reverse outing at the start of the competition in London.
Marseille vs Tottenham Prediction
The stakes can hardly be bigger for both teams. Knowing how defensive-minded both Tudor and Conte have been in the recent matches, we can only expect a low-scoring scenario on Tuesday evening.
The quality is on Tottenham’s side, though, and the value is with Spurs to win & Under 2.5 goals FT bet at the 5.50 odds. We will also take the 9.00 odds offered for Tottenham to win 0-1 in France
- Observations as Chelsea FC resumes training ahead of friendly game against Aston Villa
- Messi Vs Lewandowski: Who Has A Better Goal To Game Ratio For His Country
- TUN 1-0 FRA: Why Fans Are Reacting After Griezmann’s Stoppage Time Equalizer Was Canceled
- Why The Referee Was Right To Cancel France’s Goal In The 108th Minute Of Today’s Game
- QATAR 2022: Argentina, Germany and other big teams who could be eliminated in their last group games