Marseille vs PSG
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday 24th October 2021
Kick off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Velodrome.
The huge game will close out another Ligue 1 weekend and as far as rivalries go it doesn’t get bigger than this. These two teams have no love lost between them and the fans really despise each other.
There will be extra incentive for Marseille to beat PSG given how strong the Paris team has been in the transfer market by bringing in Lionel Messi over the summer.
As for Marseille they come into this game in 3rd place and are 10 points behind PSG. They already know that winning the league probably isn’t possible but this game is just about winning it, it means that much to them.
Last weekend at this ground Marseille were able to beat Lorient 4-1 and in the Europa League they drew 0-0 away to Lazio.
PSG’s last game was in the Champions League in midweek and they won an entertaining encounter 3-2 against German side RB Leipzig and had to come back from 2-1 down to win it.
In the league PSG bounced back from a 2-0 loss at Rennes to beat Angers 2-1 also in Paris. Though PSG lost their last away game they still have the best away record in the league and are scoring on average 2 goals per game on the road.
Marseille vs PSG : Head to Head
- Last season PSG won this fixture 2-0.
- There is a 60% chance to see over 2.5 goals.
- It’s been 10 years since Marseille last beat PSG when at home.
Marseille vs PSG Prediction
What a game this promises to be and every Marseille player will be up for this game and it will be drilled into them this is the one they have to win.
Marseille are going to get physical and so backing a sending off to happen in the game should be something to go for.
We have seen with PSG that they are electric going forward but have struggled at times in defence so backing both teams to score also seems like a good choice. The stars of PSG know that all eyes will be on them as this is the biggest game for France so we will back Messi to star here and players such as Kylian Mbappe are also going to be dangerous.
Quality and class should prove pivotal against a good Marseille team but who will also have their own pressures on them to get the 3 points and keep a good standing in the league
- Chelsea and Barcelona female footballers who could play for the Super Falcons
- Watch Arsenal vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #ARSTOT #EPL
- Reactions As Chelsea Shares Photos Of Their Training Session Ahead Of Crystal Palace Game
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.