Marseille vs Clermont Foot
France – Ligue 1
Date: Wednesday, 31 August 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Vélodrome.
Marseille were one of the best teams in the French top flight the last season and they had secured a second-place finish at the end of the campaign. Meanwhile Clermont Foot had to settle for a spot just above the relegation cut off.
In fact, they were able to register a total of just nine wins all through the duration of the tournament and they had a – 31 goal difference at the end of their run. Do also note that they had a surplus of just four points over the relegation cut off.
Moreover, they have started their new season on a rather worrying note as well. They lost their opener against PSG and in the process conceded five goals.
Meanwhile Marseille have picked up things exactly from where they left off things the previous season. Once again they are placed second in the table and our level on points with toppers PSG.
Moreover, they have been the absolute best team in front of the home crowd so far this season. They have a 100% winning record in such fixtures and they have let in the least number of goals of all the teams in the tournament as well.
Furthermore, they also have a dominant head-to-head record against this rival over the years.
By the looks of things expect a victory for Marseille this Wednesday.
Marseille vs Clermont Foot Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had finished in a 0-2 win for Clermont Foot.
- Disregarding this fixture Marseille have a 100-percentage winning record in the past decade.
- It has been six years since both teams have found the back of the net in the same encounter.
- It has also been six years since a single fixture witnessed three or more goals.
Marseille vs Clermont Foot Prediction & Analysis
Marseille are on a two-fixture winning streak and they had also won three of their past four games. Moreover, they have lost a total of just three times in front of their home crowd in the past five months and in the process, they had even gone on a five game-winning stretch.
On the other hand, Clermont Foot had lost their latest league game and they had also lost five of their past eight road trips.
Considering these observations as well as the head-to-head dominance of Marseille, expect a victory for them this Wednesday
- Opinion; Ngolo Kante Does More Than One Player’s Work At Chelsea
- Watch Denmark vs France Live Streaming Match #DENFRA #NationsLeague
- Current WSL Table & Match Review as Chelsea won 2 – 0 against Manchester City.
- Watch Asante Kotoko vs Hearts of Oak Live Streaming Match #GPLwk3 #SuperClash #KotokoHearts
- Graham Potter Should Figure Out Players That Don’t Want Be At Chelsea Before Signing New Players