Manchester United vs Manchester City
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 6 November 2021
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
The Red Devils face yet another stern test this weekend, as they welcome arch-rivals and defending champions City to the Old Trafford. While United have delivered some memorable performances lately, they are yet to rise to the level fans expect them to.
Meanwhile, the Citizens have been on a roll as usual – scoring at will, and have once again put their name in for another thrilling title-race.
By the looks of things, expect a fierce encounter at the Theatre of Dreams, but Pep Guardiola’s men should be going back with the three points.
Manchester United vs Manchester City Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for the Devils.
- They had recorded three of the former four overall wins.
- At this venue though, the guests had registered four of the last five wins.
- The visitors had scored two or more goals in four of the last six clashes at this venue.
Manchester United vs Manchester City Prediction & Analysis
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men recorded a 0-3 win on the road the last match-day, against Tottenham – which ultimately led to the Spurs firing their manager, and hiring Antonio Conte.
The Red Devils have lately been on a rather poor streak of performances, and widespread calls have been made by the fans for the gaffer to be sacked.
Moreover, their defeat at home, that too against Liverpool of all teams – was such a hard pill to swallow for the United faithfuls.
And to pile on pressure, the free-flowing attack of Pep and his men have come to town. With the absence of Raphael Varane at the back (injury), chances are high that the Citizens will deliver another defeat to the Devils this weekend.
However, United have surely shown their fighting spirit on more than one occasion this season. And with the roaring crowd of the Old Trafford behind them, they are expected to find the back of the net at least once.
Key Stats for Betting
- United have a total of three wins in the past nine fixtures, and two of these were close shaves – with late winners coming to their rescue.
- Not once have they kept a clean sheet at home this whole season. And they had even conceded five in their latest home appearance.
- Meanwhile, City have lost just twice this league season, and their only defeat on the road had come two months back against Tottenham.
- Only Chelsea have conceded fewer goals than them in the entire English top flight
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City