Manchester United vs Liverpool
English Premier League
Date: 22 August 2022, Monday
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford (Manchester).
Manchester United and Liverpool will close the happenings in the third round of Premier League with a classic at Old Trafford on Monday Night Football.
Interestingly, both teams will be looking for their maiden wins on Monday. While Manchester United’s poor kick-off to the new season came as a little surprise. Liverpool’s initial slip-ups against the likes of Fulham and Crystal Palace were hardly expected by the punters.
Nevertheless, unlike their counterparts, Liverpool at least looked like a team in the inaugural two fixtures.
The Reds were unlucky to see their new acquisition Darwin Nunez getting sent off early in the second half of the home affair against Crystal Palace seven days ago.
They still showed a great team spirit to secure a point with ten men on the pitch. Thanks to a wonderful solo effort by Luis Diaz on the occasion.
Manchester United on the other side, are the worst team in the entire Premier League. According to various statistical parameters and not just the overall table.
The Red Devils are incapable of keeping things quite defensively at the start of the season. They have shipped six goals in the opening two outings against the likes of Brighton and Brentford.
We can only imagine how many space the likes of Mohamed Salah and Luis Diaz will have on Monday at Old Trafford.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Head-to-head
- Liverpool scored nine unanswered goals past Manchester United in two wins in the last season’s head to head meetings between the two teams.
- Manchester United claimed a 4-0 victory just more than a month ago in a preseason exhibition in which Jurgen Klopp used second-string squad.
- We have seen at least four goals in each of the previous five head to head meetings between these two teams.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Prediction
This match definitely has goals in it. Both Manchester United and Liverpool looked shaky defensively in the inaugural two affairs and we don’t see either side keeping a clean sheet on Monday.
The visitors are, however, huge favorites here. We will back the visitors to win by at least two goals difference at the 2.45 odds. Meanwhile you can also go with Mohamed Salah to score anytime at the 2.20 odds.
- Opinion; Ngolo Kante Does More Than One Player’s Work At Chelsea
- Watch Denmark vs France Live Streaming Match #DENFRA #NationsLeague
- Current WSL Table & Match Review as Chelsea won 2 – 0 against Manchester City.
- Watch Asante Kotoko vs Hearts of Oak Live Streaming Match #GPLwk3 #SuperClash #KotokoHearts
- Graham Potter Should Figure Out Players That Don’t Want Be At Chelsea Before Signing New Players