Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 5 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
For the first time ever, the Red Devils will line up under the legendary Ralf Rangnick, and expectations will be sky high. And since it is at the Old Trafford, a win is a must for the team – or else fans just might lose it.
The feeling is that Devils might have gotten themselves the perfect opponent this weekend. Not only are Crystal Palace going through a dismal run, but they have been a mess on the road for quite a while, and they also have a poor h2h record against this foe.
By the looks of things, expect a hard-fought and much-needed win for Manchester United.
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Head-to-head (h2h)
- Five of the last eight clashes had three or more goals.
- The visitors had scored two or more goals in the last two encounters at this venue.
- The latest match-up at this venue had ended in a 1-3 win for the guests.
- Since 1989, only once have the hosts failed to score at this ground.
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Prediction & Analysis
In spite of all their problems, United showed fighting spirit in recording a 1-1 draw at the Stamford Bridge the last match-day, against Chelsea.
Their confidence will be at a high after the arrival of Rangnick, and players will be eager to get the fans back in their corner with a great performance.
And honestly, Palace have been one of the worst teams in the competition this season – save for one or two good games once in a while.
In fact, they were winless in 12 of the former 15 overall games, and they have a total of four wins on the road in 2021. On top of that, they also have an inferior h2h record against this foe over the years.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Manchester United at the Old Trafford.
However, considering the defensive weaknesses on either side, expect a high-scoring affair as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Palace have a total of just three wins this whole season, and they have won just once on the road in this edition of the PL.
- They had conceded two or more goals in four of the former six road trips, and of their total four wins on the road in 2021, two had come against Newcastle (placed 20th in the table), and Sheffield United (currently in Championship).
- Meanwhile, not once have the Devils kept a clean sheet at home this season.
- They had let in a total of nine goals from the last three appearances at home.
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.