Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
International – Club Friendlies
Date: Tuesday, 19 July 2022
Kick-off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground.
The Red Devils are looking sharp under the new guidance of Erik ten Hag and they will be eager to keep this trend going on. They also have a score to settle with their opponents for the day Crystal Palace, who had defeated them in the final phase of the previous league season.
Manchester United have scored 4 goals in each of their last 2 fixtures and this Tuesday they will be determined to find another victory, especially since the fixture is against another Premier League squad.
Meanwhile Crystal Palace have not been consistent for quite some time now. Especially their defense has been in tatters in their past several fixtures.
They have been letting in goals in huge numbers and most importantly they have a poor head-to-head record against this opponent over the past several seasons.
Likely expect a victory for Manchester United this Tuesday at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had finished in a 1-0 win for Palace.
- However, United had recorded 21 of the past 24 wins.
- They had kept clean sheets in 3 of the past 5 meetings.
- 7 of the previous 13 clashes had 3 or more goals.
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Prediction & Analysis
The Red Devils had scored a total of 8 goals from their past 2 games and most importantly they have looked alive under their new coach. Hag always has been a proponent of attacking football and he simply was unstoppable with his youthful Ajax.
There is no telling just what he could achieve with a team like the Red Devils.
On the other hand, Palace have been letting in goals in huge numbers and they have also been terribly inconsistent lately. On top of that they have also not fared quite well against this opponent, if overall rivalry is considered.
By the looks of things, expected a dominant Manchester United victory this Tuesday. And, considering the attacking style of the Devils and the defensive weaknesses of Crystal Palace, expect goals in plenty too.
Tips for Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
- World Cup Group E: What do Spain, Germany, Japan and Costa Rica Need to qualify
- QATAR 2022: African teams and their chances of qualification to the next round.
- The 4 Most Expensive Club Sales In Football
- 5 Portuguese Players who will Help Cristiano Ronaldo Win the 2022 World Cup Trophy
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 8