Manchester United vs Atalanta
UEFA Champions League
Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
This match has goals in it. Both Manchester United and Atalanta are super vulnerable at the back and they both have enough firepower on display up front to exploit each other’s defensive holes on Wednesday.
Backing a high-scoring contest is by far the best betting recommendation for this one.
Manchester United vs Atalanta Head-to-head
Man United and Atalanta did not have an opportunity to come across each other in the recent history.
Manchester United vs Atalanta Predictions & Analysis
Manchester United were rescued by their talisman Cristiano Ronaldo who found the late stoppage-time goal to give them a precious 2-1 victory over Villarreal in the second round of the competition.
It was a massive three-pointer for the Red Devils who had shockingly lost the opening fixture 2-1 away at Young Boys.
Ronaldo was on target in that game too and he will no doubts be the main threat to Atalanta’s goal in this very exciting third-round tie.
The Italians will enter it from the top spot in Group F, following a 2-2 draw at Villarreal on the opening day and a 1-0 win over Young Boys last time out.
La Dea have been playing hot and cold in the Serie A, though. They have been struggling to keep things quiet at the back lately, shipping two goals at Inter, three goals to Milan, and one goal to Empoli in the last three rounds.
On the bright side, Gianpiero Gasperini’s men have been scoring goals for fun at the same time. They have notched two or more goals in each of the last four league games, despite playing the likes of Inter and Milan in the process.
Knowing how vulnerable United’s defense has been of late, we can count on Atalanta’s goals at Old Trafford.
Key Stats for Betting
- Manchester United did not keep a clean sheet in the last eight games in all competitions.
- They will go into this off the back of a 4-2 defeat to Leicester City at the weekend.
- The Over 2.5 goals FT & Both Teams To Score option landed in each of the last four games Atalanta played in the Serie A.
- La Dea have scored at least two goals in each of these four matches, including the fixtures against Inter and Milan
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker