Manchester United vs Arsenal
England – Premier League
Date: Thursday, 2 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:15 UK / 21:15 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
Ralf Ragnick has been appointed as the interim manager of Manchester United however, Michael Carrick is expected to lead the side until the work permit gets resolved. Carrick would hope to continue his unbeaten run in charge as the caretaker.
Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal would hope to take advantage of the void in management as a win here could see them enter the top 4 in the table provided West Ham drops points with whom they are level on points.
These teams are set to renew their rivalry at Old Trafford this Thursday. Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
Manchester United vs Arsenal Head-to-head
- United have failed to get the better of this side in their previous 7 meetings.
- 2 or fewer goals were scored in the preceding 5 duels.
- Man United has failed to score in 4 of their last 5 meetings.
- The visitors have 1 win and 2 draws in their last 3 visits to this venue.
The Gunners recovered from their huge 4-0 loss at Anfield by sealing a 2-0 win against Newcastle at home, while United were able to hold Chelsea to a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge in their first league match since the departure of Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
The North Londoners suffered 3 demoralising losses in the opening 3 games of the league. They failed to score in any of those matches while conceding a combined 9 goals. They have been able to pull off a significant recovery as they are currently 5th in the league table, 7 points behind league leaders Chelsea.
The Red Devils on the other hand started the season fairly well with 4 wins in their opening 5 league games in which they were undefeated. Things have gone sour for the team since as they have further registered just 1 win. They are currently 8th in the table 5 points behind their opponents for Thursday.
Individual performances have saved the club in terms of the Champions League as they have qualified for the knockouts with a game to spare. They are top of Group F with 10 points, 3 points ahead of Villa Real.
While Varane, Pogba, Cavani, Kolasinac and Xhaka will miss the fixture due to injuries Shaw, Balogun and Saka are doubtful to make an appearance in the match.
Manchester United vs Arsenal Prediction
Disregarding their loss against Liverpool, Arsenal are undefeated in their last 12 games across all competitions, despite a solid performance against Chelsea, Manchester Utd. have failed to win 7 of their previous 8 league games and have been outperformed significantly in h2h games recently, I don’t see them getting a win in this fixture.
Apart from their losses at Etihad and Anfield all of Arsenal’s fixtures on
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.