Manchester City vs Burnley
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium.
The defending champions Manchester City will be eager to continue their run for another title, and this weekend at their home, they are favorites to secure a routine win against minnows Burnley.
Manchester City vs Burnley Head-to-head
- The Citizens are on an eight-fixture winning streak.
- They had a combined scorecard of 15-0 from the last four meetings.
- It’s been six years since they have lost an encounter against this rival.
- At this venue, the hosts had scored five or more goals in the last four clashes.
Manchester City vs Burnley Prediction & Analysis
Guardiola’s men were held to a 2-2 draw the last match-day on the road, by Liverpool. In the meantime, Burnley were held to a goalless draw at home by the 20th placed Norwich, who were promoted to the top flight just at the end of the last season.
Going on, the Citizens are easily one of the best teams in Europe, and the strongest contender to lift the UCL title at the end of the season.
They have been on a phenomenal run at home for the past several months, and like it’s been the case for Pep’s teams, they have been scoring goals for fun.
The Premier League race is going to close this time around, and therefore the reigning champions will not take chances with minnows. They are going for the jugular, which would only increase confidence and momentum for them.
Burnley are yet to secure a win this season in the league, and their only victory in the past five months had come against a team from lower divisions.
By the looks of things, expect a huge win for Manchester City.
Key Stats for Betting
- Since their opening match-day loss against Tottenham, Pep Guardiola’s men have maintained an unbeaten streak in the Premier League.
- At home, the last they lost a game was back in May, against Chelsea – who then went on to become European champions.
- At the Etihad, they have scored five or more goals in four of their last five appearances, and slotted in four or more goals in six of the last seven home fixtures.
- Bunrley are winless in their last ten straight league games, which stretches back to the previous season.
- The last they kept a clean sheet on the road was back in May, against Fulham, who currently plays in the Championship
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker