Manchester City vs Brighton
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 22 October 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium.
Defending champions Manchester City did slip against arch-rivals Liverpool the last match-day, but they will be determined to make some quick amends. They are at home, and are in stunning form here. Brighton honestly do not stand much chance this weekend.
They are already on a long winless run, and are gradually making it downwards in the league table. They managed to win just four times all through the campaign, and let in goals in plenty in majority of their road fixtures.
Meanwhile, the Citizens are in supreme form. It is true that they were defeated by Liverpool at Anfield the last game week – but no one could really hold it over them.
Moreover, they are at home, where they are on a perfect winning streak for the past six months. Not just that – they are just blowing out oppositions with frightening score lines here.
Also star striker Erling Haaland seems to have made it a habit to score hat-tricks for his home crowd, whenever he gets the chance.
Going on, all is not merry well for Pep Guardiola’s men. They need to take care of Arsenal if they need to retain the crown at the end of the campaign.
The Gunners are at the top of the table, and they have a perfect winning record till now barring a single game. They also have a four-point lead at the top of the table.
One thing is for sure. The Citizens will not have the title handed to them on a platter this season. They will have to sweat for it, and count on them to deliver a huge win this weekend.
Manchester City vs Brighton Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter ended in a 3-0 win for City.
- They won 10 of the past 11 meetings.
- The hosts have a 100% winning record at this ground since 2018.
- They scored 14 goals from the previous six clashes at this venue.
Manchester City vs Brighton Prediction & Analysis
Pep’s men are on a phenomenal run at home, and they are being frighteningly complemented by the arrival of Haaland. The Norwegian striker seems to have completed the puzzle for the bald genius.
He is on a roll with his scoring prowess, and is an early candidate to win the European Golden Boot.
Brighton are on a winless run at the moment, and they are easily the underdogs this Saturday at the Etihad.
- Observations as Chelsea FC resumes training ahead of friendly game against Aston Villa
- Messi Vs Lewandowski: Who Has A Better Goal To Game Ratio For His Country
- TUN 1-0 FRA: Why Fans Are Reacting After Griezmann’s Stoppage Time Equalizer Was Canceled
- Why The Referee Was Right To Cancel France’s Goal In The 108th Minute Of Today’s Game
- QATAR 2022: Argentina, Germany and other big teams who could be eliminated in their last group games