Manchester City vs Bournemouth
English Premier League
Date: 13 August 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium (Manchester).
Erling Braut Haaland got off to a dream start to his Premier League career, leading Manchester City to a comprehensive 0-2 victory over West Ham United on the opening day of the season.
The Norwegian superstar was fabulous on his Premier League debut. He showed extraordinary explosiveness to earn a penalty kick 30 minutes into the game.
Haaland converted it himself and then went on to score second goal midway through the second half when he took Kevin De Bruyne’s magnificent through pass to easily put the ball behind West Ham’s reserve keeper Alphonse Areola (Lukasz Fabianski left the pitch through the injury in the first half).
Haaland and Man City should have an even easier job to shine in the second round when they play host to newly-promoted AFC Bournemouth on Saturday afternoon at Etihad Stadium.
The Cherries surprisingly got off to a right-footed start to their top-flight campaign after finishing second in the previous term of the Championship.
Bournemouth limited Aston Villa to the max seven days ago at Vitality Stadium as Jefferson Lerma’s early strike made the difference between the two teams, while Kieffer Moore’s late goal only sealed the three-pointer for the Scott Parker’s side.
Bournemouth are obviously well aware of Man City’s strength and to be fair the only question is how many goals they are going to ship on Saturday afternoon at Etihad Stadium.
We would be shocked to see the Cherries repeating the last weekend’s display and getting anything from Manchester in Gameweek 2.
Manchester City vs Bournemouth Head-to-head
- It’s been two years since these two teams last met each other and back then they battled it out in the League Cup.
- Manchester City won the tie 2-1 on the occasion, celebrating their 11th consecutive victory over the Cherries.
- Man City won 12 and drew 1 of the previous 13 meetings with the Cherries who have not left Etihad Stadium unbeaten in any of the previous seven trips.
Manchester City vs Bournemouth Prediction
The gulf in quality between the two outfits is enormous and we can only expect another commanding victory from Pep Guardiola’s machinery on Saturday.
You can back Man City to win by three or more goals difference at the odds of 1.72, while Man City are also worth backing to have at least a two-goal lead at the half time at the attractive 2.35 odds.
- Reactions As Chelsea Shares Photos Of Their Training Session Ahead Of Crystal Palace Game
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.
- How Chelsea might line up against Crystal Palace as Graham Potter is looking forward to his 1st win.
- Graham Potter’s Chelsea’s XI next summer if Boehly issues go-ahead for four transfers.