Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund
Date: Wednesday, 14 September 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium.
Manchester City possibly seem like the strongest team in the whole of Europe at present, and they will be eager to welcome the top-performing Borussia Dortmund this Wednesday to the Etihad Stadium.
This encounter is hugely important for one other reason too. Der BVB now get the chance to play against the beast they created – Erling Haaland.
The Norwegian striker is really finding his groove under Pep Guardiola. Despite doubts prevailing whether the lanky shooter will be able to recreate his Bundesliga form, Haaland started finding the back of the net right away.
Back-to-back hat-tricks in the Premier League was a dream start for the 22-year-old, and he has now announced his arrival to challenge Kylian Mbappe as the best player in the next generation.
The Citizens registered a 0-4 win on the road in their opener, against Sevilla, and rightfully are in possession of the top-most spot in the group table. Should they be able to deliver one more win this Wednesday, they could practically guarantee themselves a spot in the knockouts.
At present, they are on a long unbeaten run, and particularly in front of their home crowd they are frighteningly dominant.
Meanwhile, Der BVB are on form as well. However, they do drop points every once in a while, and particularly their latest road trip ended in a loss.
In addition, they have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
For these reasons, expect a win for Manchester City this Wednesday.
Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter ended in a 1-2 win for Manchester City.
- They are on a two-fixture winning streak.
- They scored two or more goals in these two clashes.
- The latest match-up at this ground ended in a 2-1 win for the hosts.
Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Prediction
The Citizens were unbeaten in 18 of their previous 20 overall fixtures, and in the process they went on separate four-game as well as three-match winning streaks.
They are on a nine-fixture winning streak in front of their home crowd, and scored 38 goals in the process.
On the other hand, Dortmund lost two of their past five overall games, and they lost their latest away game as well.
In addition, they fared quite poorly in past h2h meetings as well. Taking into account these observations, expect a high-scoring win for Manchester City this weekend.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation