Malmo vs Chelsea
UEFA Champions League
Date: 2 November 2021, Tuesday
Kick-off at 17:55 UK/ 18:55 CET
Venue: Eleda Stadion (Malmo).
Chelsea travel to Malmo on matchday 4 of the Champions League 2021/21. The Premier League giants are on a brilliant run of form and they are expected to bag a big win on Tuesday.
Matchday 3 saw Chelsea bagging a comfortable 4-0 win over the Swedish side. It was a match marked by horrible injuries to Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner.
Thomas Tuchel’s men are second in the group with 6 points from 6 games. They are just behind Juventus after the Blues lost 1-0 to the Old Lady in Turin on matchday 2.
Malmo lost all their three group games so far, all without scoring and conceded a mammoth of 11 goals in the process.
With three games left to play, only a miracle can keep them in Europe this season, easier said and done considering the quality of teams in the group
Malmo vs Chelsea Head-to-head
Chelsea’s 4-0 win at Stamford Bridge on match day 3 of the corresponding competitions. That was their third overall head-to-head meeting with Malmo.
The previous two happened during the 2018/19 Europa League round of 32. The Blues won both legs, 3-0 at home and 2-1 away in Sweden.
Malmo vs Chelsea Prediction
Chelsea are in excellent scoring form even without their two first choice strikers. They found the back of the net 11 times, the latest a 3-0 rout away at Newcastle.
The defending Champions League champions are having an excellent season both in league and cup games. They were defeated just twice across all competitions this season. Manchester City and Juventus are the teams that experienced that rare success.
Malmo have struggled in the group stage after pulling some impressive results in the qualifiers. On top of that, their recent performances in Allsvenskan is under scrutiny. Jon Dahl Thomasson’s men lost ground in the title run, however they still sit at the top of the Swedish top flight.
Under these circumstances, it is hard to imagine anything other than a comfortable win for Chelsea on Tuesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Malmo lost their last 4 games in Champions League conceding 13 goals and failed to score in three.
- They lost their last three games in the competitions by 3 or more goals..
- Chelsea are coming to this match after winning in 3 of their last 4 away matches across all competitions with clean sheets.
- The only teams that scored against them as hosts this season are Juventus and Liverpool.
- Kai Havertz has scored in 2 of the last 3 appearances for his club.
- World Cup Group E: What do Spain, Germany, Japan and Costa Rica Need to qualify
- QATAR 2022: African teams and their chances of qualification to the next round.
- The 4 Most Expensive Club Sales In Football
- 5 Portuguese Players who will Help Cristiano Ronaldo Win the 2022 World Cup Trophy
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 8