Lyon vs Paris Saint-Germain
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday, 18 September 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Parc Olympique Lyonnais.
Reigning champions PSG seem well set to retain their title. They are on a stupendous run at the moment, and sure enough they are placed at the top of the table. Meanwhile, Lyon are no mean opponents, but this weekend they might be meeting their match.
They are on a losing streak at the moment, and so far this season they were not able to deliver good defensive performances.
They are placed fifth in the table at the moment, and let in two or more goals in each of their last two fixtures.
And the last time around they settled for an eighth-place finish in the table, finishing 25 points below their counterparts for the day. Do also note that they completely missed out on any of the European competitions as well.
Meanwhile, the Parisians won the title the previous season with a 15-point lead, and they comfortably scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition.
And this time around, they once again raced to the top of the table, and scored the most number of goals.
In fact, they have a 100% winning record in the league barring a draw, and they scored nine more goals than any other team in the tournament. In addition, they also let in the least number of goals.
Moreover, they also dominated this rival in previous h2h meetings over the years.
Considering these observations, expect a win for PSG this Sunday on the road.
Lyon vs PSG Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter ended in a 1-1 draw.
- PSG won the two clashes before that.
- They recorded 15 of the former 19 overall wins.
- At this venue, the guests won three of the past four meetings.
Lyon vs PSG Prediction
The fearsome front trio of PSG are firing on all cylinders, and are scoring for fun. They are on a great stretch of performances at the moment, and they will be eager to keep this trend going on.
Moreover, they have a superb h2h record against this foe over the years, and at the same time Lyon are on a losing streak in the league as well. In fact, Lyon are on a two-fixture losing streak at the moment, and they let in five goals in the process.
By the looks of things, expect a dominant win for PSG this Sunday
- Opinion; Ngolo Kante Does More Than One Player’s Work At Chelsea
- Watch Denmark vs France Live Streaming Match #DENFRA #NationsLeague
- Current WSL Table & Match Review as Chelsea won 2 – 0 against Manchester City.
- Watch Asante Kotoko vs Hearts of Oak Live Streaming Match #GPLwk3 #SuperClash #KotokoHearts
- Graham Potter Should Figure Out Players That Don’t Want Be At Chelsea Before Signing New Players