Lyon vs Angers
France – Ligue 1
Date: Saturday, 3 September 2022
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Parc Olympique Lyonnais.
Lyon have constantly been one of the top-rated teams in the French top flight for the past several years. And they definitely have shown this capability this time around. Meanwhile Angers have been one of the worst teams in the league this current campaign and deservedly are placed bottom-most in the table.
They are one of the three teams yet to register a single win in the current campaign and only two other teams have let in more goals than them the entire tournament. Moreover, they have a 100-percentage losing record so far, disregarding just two draws.
Even the previous season they were placed just 14th in a table of 20 and they had a surplus of just nine points over the relegation cut off. Moreover, they had managed to register a total of just ten wins all through the campaign as well.
Meanwhile Lyon secured an eighth-place finish the previous season in the French league and thus missed out on a ticket to one of the European competitions. This was quite a shock for the squad, as they have been used to representing France in continental competitions for some time now.
Anyhow they are determined to make amends for this miss and right away we can see this attitude in the performances on the pitch. Not only have they been unbeaten so far this time around in the league, but they have a 100% winning record as well, disregarding a single draw.
Considering these observations as well as the h2h superiority of Lyon, expect a victory for them this Saturday.
Lyon vs Angers Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-2 win for Lyon.
- They had won six of the past seven meetings.
- At this venue, the hosts are on a four-match winning streak.
- The home team had scored a total of 12 goals from the past three match-ups at this ground.
Lyon vs Angers Prediction & Analysis
Lyon are on a six-game unbeaten run and they were also invincible in 11 of their previous 14 matches. Moreover, they are also on a four-fixture win streak in front of their home crowd and they had scored a total of 11 goals in the process.
On the other hand, Angers are on a 3-fixture losing streak and they were winless in 9 of their past 10 games as well.
Considering these observations, expect a victory for Lyon this weekend.
- Opinion; Ngolo Kante Does More Than One Player’s Work At Chelsea
- Watch Denmark vs France Live Streaming Match #DENFRA #NationsLeague
- Current WSL Table & Match Review as Chelsea won 2 – 0 against Manchester City.
- Watch Asante Kotoko vs Hearts of Oak Live Streaming Match #GPLwk3 #SuperClash #KotokoHearts
- Graham Potter Should Figure Out Players That Don’t Want Be At Chelsea Before Signing New Players