Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Champions League – Final
Date: Saturday, 28 May 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade de France.
The Kings of Europe are back in their favorite backyard, to try and add to their already-full trophy cabinet. 13 European titles and counting, and they really have no intention of stopping anytime soon.
It goes without saying that they are riding high on momentum and confidence. One after the other, they eliminated three high profiled teams from the tournament, and that too in the most dramatic of fashions.
Should they go on and lift this 14th title, it is going to be one for the ages. And count on them to give the best on the pitch this weekend to make that possible.
However, on the other side we have Jurgen Klopp’s boys, who are hungry for revenge. These two teams had locked horns in this same stage four years back, and then tragedy happened for the Reds.
Mohammed Salah was injured in midst of the game, and their goalkeeper Loris Karius turned into a Sunday league professional. But not this time. They have redeemed themselves now, and are eager to settle scores.
Moreover, they are desperate to make amends for missing out on the Quadruple as well. Have faith in them to fire on all cylinders, come Saturday.
As these two monster squads take on each other for the European crown, expect the fiercest of encounters. Anticipate goals to come in plenty at the Stade de France.
Liverpool vs Real Madrid Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the past six encounters had three or more goals.
- These two had locked horns in the 2017-18 Champions League Final, and then the Spaniards won 3-1.
- Then in the 2020-21 CL Quarter Final, the Los Blancos repeated their heroics once more, and progressed to the Final.
- Two of the past three meetings had goals from both teams.
Liverpool vs Real Madrid Prediction & Analysis
Klopp’s men had won ten of their past eleven overall fixtures, and had scored two or more goals in 12 of their past 15 games. Do also note that they have lost just twice in the past seven-month period.
On the other hand, the Royal Whites were unbeaten in 39 of their past 45 overall matches, and they lifted the league trophy with a lead of 13 points over arch-rivals Barcelona.
Moreover, star striker Karim Benzema is just possessed in his quest for his maiden Ballon d’Or. It’s a doubt if he would not find the back of the net at least once.
By the looks of things, anticipate goals to come from either end of the pitch this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Los Blancos scored a total of 80 goals from their 38 league fixtures this season.
- Meanwhile, the Reds slotted in 94 goals from the same number of PL matches.
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker