Liverpool vs Newcastle
England – Premier League
Date: Thursday, 16 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
The second and second last teams on the table are set to have a clash this Thursday while the Reds are on the title race within the zone for Champions League promotion while the Magpies are in the zone for relegation. Liverpool will be hoping for a repeat of their previous result when inviting the guests to Anfield.
Liverpool vs Newcastle Head-to-head
- Liverpool won 5 of the past 7 h2h clashes while 2 of them settled for a draw.
- Those meetings saw 21 goals averaging out to 3 goals per game.
- Their last meeting was at April which ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Liverpool has won both halves vs Newcastle in 5 of the last 10 games at Anfield.
Liverpool vs Newcastle Prediction
The Reds is at the 2nd spot with 37 points from 16 games. They lost only on one occasions while drawing on 4 and winning on 11 fixtures. They have the highest scoring numbers in the league with 45 while conceding only 12.
Liverpool has given the opposition a few, resulting in the total number of goals that have flown into the back of their net during their past 6 matches stands at 2. They are a force to reckon with in the Premier League with 5 back to back wins and by far the only team to not lose at home. They won by 1-0 to Aston Villa in the previous fixture.
The Magpies are at the 19th spot, in the relegation zone with only 10 points from 16 matches. They have only won once in the league while drawing 7 times and losing on 8 other fixtures. They have the highest conceding numbers in the league with 34 while scoring only a sheer 17 goals.
Newcastle United have been scored against in 5 of their last 6 games, seeing their opponents hit 11 goals in total. They managed to win their first match in the league against Burnley after which the previous fixture saw Leicester demolishing them by 4-0.
Newcastle are a tough side when Howe gets them going but in reality, they will totally fall apart at Anfield. The Reds are imperious at home and have never lost a home league game when Virgil van Dijk has played for them.
We anticipate a win for home team, as they are unbeaten in the previous 12 home games and had not lost to this rival after 2015 taking into account of their past 9 h2h fixtures.
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker
- 6 Players That Could Leave Chelsea After Romelu Lukaku’s £8m Loan Move To Inter