Liverpool vs Leicester
England – Carabao Cup
Date: Wednesday, 22 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Leicester have been far from their best this season, and it’s a doubt if they would even qualify for the Europa at the end of the campaign. They are conceding goals in huge numbers, and are dropping points in almost every other game.
Meanwhile, Liverpool have been at their menacing best this time around, and they seem to be the only team giving toppers Manchester City any kind of a competition for the title.
They are scoring goals at an impressive rate, and by all accounts, their striker Mohammed Salah has been the best player in the world so far this season.
Going on, they will be determined to make it to the semis at any cost, especially with current champions Manchester City already out of the tournament.
And with a superior h2h record over the years as well, expect a win for Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool this Wednesday.
Liverpool vs Leicester Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Reds had won three of the past four encounters.
- The last four clashes had three or more goals.
- At this venue, the hosts had won eight of the past ten meetings.
- The home team had scored two or more goals in six of the preceding eight match-ups at this venue.
Liverpool vs Leicester Prediction & Analysis
Klopp’s men had recorded a 0-2 win on the road in the previous round against Preston. They are also in great form, and are scoring goals in huge numbers.
And importantly, with the elimination of City, they are easily the best team remaining in the tournament. They have a serious chance of lifting the Carabao Cup, and this will be a serious motivator for them to win this Wednesday.
On the other hand, Leicester had to overcome Brighton in the previous round, that too via penalties. They have been going through a dismal run all through this new season, and they are conceding goals in huge numbers. And especially on the road, they have been one of the weakest teams in the top flight.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Liverpool this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Reds have scored the most number of goals in the PL so far this season – 50, while 18 of the other squads have not even touched the 40-goal mark yet. In fact, 17 of the total 20 teams are yet to score 30 goals.
- Meanwhile, Leicester are placed ninth in the table, and have won just six times all through the league campaign.
- They have a total of four wins on the road this season in all competitions. Two had come against recently promoted teams (Norwich, Brentford), one had come against a team from lower division (Millwall), and the fourth had come in the Europa (Spartak Moscow).