Liverpool vs Arsenal
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 20 November 2021
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Anfield (Liverpool).
Liverpool will be hoping to bounce back with a win when they welcome Arsenal for Saturday’s Premier League clash.
The Reds were beaten 3-2 by West Ham on matchday 11, handing their first defeat across all competitions this season. They were also held to a 2-2 draw by Brighton in the previous week and as a result, dropped to 4th in the league table.
Arsenal are coming on the back of a fine run of results. They defeated Watford by a single goal to extend their unbeaten run to 8 games before the international break.
The Gunners are 5th in the table with 20 points, just 2 points behind their Saturday’s host.
Arteta’s men do have a point to prove this week with the recent results coming against lesser teams. Also, this is a ground that handed them some heavy defeats in the last decade.
Liverpool vs Arsenal Head-to-head
- Liverpool won both Premier League fixtures against Arsenal last season on 3-0 and 3-1 margins respectively.
- Their last 11 h2h meetings in the league saw over 2.5 goals with both teams scoring on 9 occasions.
- Arsenal have managed only 1 win from their last 15 h2h meetings with the Reds.
- At Anfield, Liverpool is unbeaten against the Gunners since 2012 with 6 wins and 4 draws from 10 matches across all competitions.
Liverpool vs Arsenal Predictions
This Saturday is a real test for Arsenal who is yet to beat a top team this season. They face-off against Chelsea and Manchester City and both ended in embarrassing defeats and those were before they started the 8-match unbeaten run.
Nevertheless, there are 6 wins during this run, but one may start to doubt looking at the opponents. The likes of Aston Villa, Burnley, Watford and Norwich are relegation bound. Meantime Tottenham and Leicester are nothing but inconsistent.
Liverpool too has a point to prove after dropping points in the last 2 Premier League matches. But this is a team that crushed the likes of Manchester United and Atletico Madrid in the same period and it is easier said than done to beat them at Anfield with fans back in the stadium.
- Jurgen Klopp’s men have scored 2 or more goals in all except 1 home game across all competitions this season.
- Sadio Mane has scored in 4 consecutive home games for the Reds.
- Arsenal scored over 1.5 team goals in just 1 of their 5 away games this season. Also, they failed to score in 3 during the same period.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation