Lille vs Sevilla
UEFA Champions League
Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
Sevilla will enter this match in much higher spirits and we see them as favorites to claim the spoils at Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
The back line of the Andalusian club should make the difference between the two outfits, especially since we know that Lille struggled to create anything up front in the weekend’s loss at Clermont.
Lille vs Sevilla Head-to-head
- It has been 15 years since these two sides last locked horns and back then they were battling it out in the last 16 round of the UEFA Europa League.
- Sevilla advanced 2-1 on aggregate after both legs ended in home wins to nil (Lille won 1-0, Sevilla won 2-0).
- There were four goals scored in total in three head to head games between these two teams.
Lille vs Sevilla Predictions & Analysis
Lille and Sevilla will be searching for their inaugural wins in the 2021/22 UEFA Champions League campaign on Wednesday evening when they meet each other in the third round of the competition.
The French outfit managed only a single point from the opening two outings. They fell 2-1 away at Salzburg last time out, conceding both goals from the penalty spot on the occasion.
Lille have generally had a rollercoaster campaign at the start of the season in the Ligue 1, too.
The reigning Ligue 1 champions are currently in the bottom half of the league standings after winning just four of the opening ten rounds of the season.
Lille will go into this tie off the back of an unpleasant 1-0 defeat at Clermont four days ago. The team led by Jocelyn Gourvennec had just two shots on target on the occasion.
The French side might struggle in the final third here against Sevilla as well, especially if we take a look at the visitors’ defensive form at the beginning of the season.
The Spaniards have by far the best defensive record in La Liga. They shipped only three goals in the inaugural eight domestic league outings.
Unlike their rivals, Sevilla were successful at the weekend, beating Celta Vigo 0-1 on the road. It was the third win in the last four league outings for Julen Lopetegui’s troops who have drawn both of their opening two Champions League affairs against Salzburg and Wolfsburg (1-1 each).
Key Stats for Betting
- Lille took only one point from the opening two Champions League games.
- They have won only four of ten Ligue 1 outings at the beginning of the season.
- The hosts failed to find the back of the net in the weekend’s loss at Clermont (1-0).
- Sevilla have shipped only three goals in eight La Liga games this term.
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker