Lille vs PSG
French Ligue 1
Date: 21 August 2022, Sunday
Kick-off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: Stade Pierre-Mauroy (Villeneuve d’Ascq).
PSG have notched five goals in each of the opening two rounds of the 2022/23 Ligue 1 campaign.
It is not even appropriate to compare the budget and the quality les Parisiens have in comparison to the rest of the playing field in the top flight of French football.
Naturally, PSG enter this Sunday’s clash against Lille as enormous favorites for the win, much like they do in any other case against any other rival in this competition.
In formal circumstances, this would have been a genuine derby of the Matchday between the last two French Ligue 1 champions.
However, there are very little experts who could predict anything other but a comprehensive victory for the visitors.
PSG did have a turbulent match against Montpellier last Saturday but not because of their rivals’ competitiveness or quality but rather because of the inter-relations between their players.
Kylian Mbappe and Neymar had an argument about the penalties, while Lionel Messi did not seem the happiest man on the pitch on the occasion.
It will be interesting to see whether these internal issues will cause problems for the defending champions at Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
It is also worth noting that this match will be special for Chris Galtier who led Lille to the Ligue 1 title two years ago but is now on PSG’s bench ready to take on his former team.
Lille vs PSG Head-to-head
- PSG celebrated a 1-5 victory when they last visited Stade Pierre-Mauroy in February this year.
- However, it is worth mentioning that PSG have won just 9 of the previous 27 away outings against Lille.
- The Over 2.5 goals FT & Both Teams To Score pick landed in each of two last season’s head to head clashes between the two teams.
Lille vs PSG Prediction
Lille have four points from the opening two matches against Auxerre and Nantes. They bagged four goals past newly-promoted Auxerre in the first game of the season in front of the home crowd.
Nonetheless, these results will count for little when they come face to face with PSG who should easily claim a three-pointer here. You can get the 2.25 odds for PSG to win by two or more goals difference on Sunday
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City