Lille vs Lyon
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2021
Kick-off at 12:00 UK/ 13:00 CET
Venue: Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
Lille might have started their campaign on a dull note. But lately they have been on a great streak of performances, and have been finding the back of the net consistently as well. In fact , as of now, it’s really believable that they are the reigning French champions.
Meanwhile, Lyon are going through a rather poor run, and particularly on the road, they have been a mess all through the 2021-22 campaign.
Judging these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a win for Lille this Sunday at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
Lille vs Lyon Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-3 win for Lille on the road.
- They had won three of the past five meetings, and are on a ten-game unbeaten streak.
- Since 2008, the guests have won just once at this venue.
- It’s been five years since the visitors have kept a clean sheet at this ground.
Lille vs Lyon Prediction & Analysis
Lille recorded a 2-1 win at home the last match-day in the league, against Troyes. And they followed it up with a 1-3 win on the road against Wolfsburg in the Champions League. With this win, they qualified to the Round of 16 of the CL as group champions.
They are also on a great run at home, and have been finding the back of the net consistently all through the 2021-22 season.
On the other hand, Lyon were held to a 2-2 draw by Bordeaux the past game week. They are also on a three-fixture winless run, and have a total of two clean sheets from their past ten matches.
Going on, they have seldom won on the road this new season, and on top of all that, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
For the reasons, expect a win for Lille this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Lille are on a three-game winning streak, and an eight-fixture unbeaten run – with their latest loss coming against PSG.
- They have lost just once at home since March.
- Meanwhile, Lyon have won just twice on the road this whole season – and the two wins had come against Nantes, and Montpellier.
- They also have kept a total of one clean sheet on the road since September, and had conceded two or more goals in four of their last six road trips. In fact, they had let in three or more goals in three of the past six away fixtures.
- Observations Made After Graham Potter’s Chelsea Defeated Crystal Palace 2-1 Away
- Things Graham Potter did that helped Chelsea defeat Crystal Palace 2-1 today at Selhurst Park
- Connor Gallagher’s Message To Chelsea Fans After Scoring His First Chelsea Goal.
- Watch Inter Milan vs Roma Live Streaming Match #RomaInter #InterRoma #INTROM
- Why Graham Potter’s 3-5-2 Formation Against Crystal Palace Is A Dynamic Set-up