Leicester City vs Manchester United
English Premier League
Date: Saturday 16th October 2021
Kick off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: King Power Stadium.
Leicester have been able to ruffle the feathers of Manchester United in the past decade and even though the Foxes will be underdogs for this game they cannot be ruled out.
Brendan Rodgers side have had a mixed start to the season and have lost 3 games already, there is no real consistency at the club so far. They come into this game in 13th place with 8 points. The manager Rodgers has also been linked with a move away to Newcastle who this week were taken over and are predicted to be the next big club in England.
Leicester have drawn their last 2 games in a row against Burnley and Crystal Palace.
Manchester United are in 4th place and are only 2 points behind the league leaders. Though before the international break it wasn’t the best period for the club who had won just 1 game in their last four in all competitions. This included losing 1-0 at home to Aston Villa in their last game.
United also come into this game with major injury problems in defence and Harry Maguire and Raphael Varane will miss this game.
Leicester vs Manchester United Head to Head
- Last season in the league this game finished 2-2.
- The clubs last met here in the FA Cup last season and Leicester won 3-1. It’s been 4 games since Manchester United have beaten Leicester.
- There is a 60% chance to see over 2.5 goals.
Leicester vs Manchester United Prediction
Here we have two teams that are not showing their best potential football so this could be a game that is very open. This means goals and we are happy to back over 2.5 here, and to see both teams to score.
While United will be struggling in defence with key injuries their attack will be the focus of all the fans in the stadium and that will be led by the one and only Cristiano Ronaldo. Overall Ronaldo has done well and is scoring goals and there is no reason to believe that he won’t score again at the weekend.
We expect to see a very enjoyable game, and it might be worth avoiding the overall result as this could end in a draw. It is clear that both sides can be entertaining but they are also trying to find their feet this season
- World Cup Group E: What do Spain, Germany, Japan and Costa Rica Need to qualify
- QATAR 2022: African teams and their chances of qualification to the next round.
- The 4 Most Expensive Club Sales In Football
- 5 Portuguese Players who will Help Cristiano Ronaldo Win the 2022 World Cup Trophy
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 8