Leeds vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 21 August 2022
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Elland Road.
Chelsea were very easily one of the very best teams in the English top flight the last season. And even this time around they will be determined to secure at least a podium finish. Meanwhile Leeds should consider themselves lucky for having avoided getting relegated at the end of the previous campaign.
They had finished 17th in a table of 20 the previous season, and were under the threat of relegation till the very last match day. In fact, they had a surplus of just 3 points over the relegation cut-off at the end.
Defense was an issue that they struggled with all through this stretch. They let in goals in huge numbers and in the midst of the season they even sacked their manager.
Meanwhile, the Blues have been trying to keep themselves alive amidst domination of Manchester City and Liverpool. It is true that they won the Champions League the season befor,e but it has been some time since they were able to lift the English Premier League trophy.
Their objective this year will be to go after the league title, but for that to happen, consistency will be mandatory. As usual Manchester City have started their title charge early and it is not looking good for any of their competitors.
Likely count on Chelsea to consider this upcoming encounter as crucial, and to go after the 3 points with full vigour.
Leeds vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had finished in a 0-3 win for Chelsea.
- They had won 7 of the past 10 meetings.
- It’s been 20 years since the hosts have won at this ground.
- It’s been 10 years since the hosts have scored at this stadium.
Leeds vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Leads were winless in 19 of their past 25 overall fixtures and at the process they had gone on separate 6-match as well as 3-game losing streaks.
And it is quite worrying that the last they kept a clean sheet in front of their home crowd was back in November of previous year. And during this period, they had even gone on a 4-game losing streak at this venue.
On the other hand, Chelsea are on a 4-match unbeaten run and 3 of these were victories. In the process they had also scored 2 or more goals in 3 of these matches. Moreover, they are on a 3-game winning streak away from home and in the process they had scored 6 goals.
Considering these observations as well as the head-to-head superiority of Chelsea, expect a win for them this Sunday.
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City