Lazio vs Marseille
Europe – UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 21 October 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Olimpico.
Lazio might be placed second in the group at the moment. But they are in great form, and surely are going after the top-most spot. This Thursday, they will try to secure the three points against the struggling Marseille, who are so far winless in the Europa.
Lazio vs Marseille Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-1 win for Lazio.
- They have a 100% winning record in Champions League and Europa League meetings.
- They have a combined scorecard of 12-3 from the last four such clashes.
Lazio vs Marseille Prediction & Analysis
Lazio had recorded a 2-0 win at home the last match-day in the competition, against Lokomotiv Moscow. They are also in great form lately, and had won 3-1 at home against reigning Italian champions Inter the past game week.
Meanwhile, Marseille were held to a goalless draw at home the last match-day, by Galatasaray.
One glaring difference between Lazio are Marseille is, the impressive form of the Italians at home, and the struggles of the Ligue 1 team on the road.
The Italians had won 17 of their previous 20 appearances at home, which stretches back to December of 2020, and only one of these fixtures had ended in a loss. And note that they have been scoring heavily all through this stretch.
Meanwhile, the French team has a single win in their past five games, and they have seldom won on the road in the past year.
On top of that, they also have a poor h2h record against the Serie A club over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Lazio.
Key Stats for Betting
- Lazio had scored two or more goals in three of their former four overall fixtures.
- Only once have they lost at home since December of 2020, and this sole defeat had come against 2020 European champions Bayern Munich.
- The Italians have scored two or more goals in 100% of their home appearances in 2021-22. In fact, they had slotted in 16 goals from just their past five home games.
- Meanwhile, Marseille have a 100% winless record this season in the Europa, and no team in Group E have scored fewer goals than them as well.
- They have won just four times on the road since the first week of December, and one of these wins had come against a team from lower divisions.
- World Cup Group E: What do Spain, Germany, Japan and Costa Rica Need to qualify
- QATAR 2022: African teams and their chances of qualification to the next round.
- The 4 Most Expensive Club Sales In Football
- 5 Portuguese Players who will Help Cristiano Ronaldo Win the 2022 World Cup Trophy
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 8