Italy vs England
UEFA Nations League
Date: 23 September 2022, Friday
Kick-off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza (Milano).
Italy and England were on the wrong end of drubbings three months ago when they suffered tough defeats to Germany and Hungary respectively.
Azzurri are, however, in a much better situation going into this Matchday No 5 tie as they are just two points shy of Group C leaders Hungary.
England, who are the only team in the section without a victory so far in the competition, have collected just two points in four games.
The Three Lions will be highly motivated to avoid the last place in the group and the drop to League B in the next edition of the tournament.
Gareth Southgate has called up a very strong squad featuring the likes of Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling, Phil Foden, Jude Bellingham, Ivan Toney, etc.
All of the mentioned players have been enjoying a great spell of form for their respective clubs (namely in the Premier League).
Kane and Foden were on target last weekend in their side’s respective victories, while Ivan Toney has earned his debut cap for the national team thanks to his phenomenal displays at Brentford.
Italy, on the other side, will miss a number of high-profile players, including Andreas Belotti, Lorenzo Insigne, Nicolo Zaniolo, Federico Chiesa, Stefano Sensi, Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Spinazzola, etc.
Italy vs England Head-to-head
- The two outfits battled it out in the EURO 2020 final in London as Italy won the title on penalties following a 1-1 draw in the regular time at Wembley.
- We saw no winner in the previous H2H clash played in June in this Nations League group as the two teams shared spoils in a goalless draw.
- Interestingly, each of the last four head to head affairs between these rivals ended in stalemates.
Italy vs England Prediction
Looking at the current rosters and knowing that England are in a must-win situation if they want to avoid the drop to League B in the next term, we are more than tempted to take the 2.62 odds for the away win bet.
Harry Kane has been fantastic for Spurs so far in the season. He has a goal and an assist in the drubbing of Leicester last Saturday. You can back England’s talisman to score anytime at the 2.75 odds
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City