Inter Milan vs Sheriff
Europe – UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Against expectations, Sheriff have made it to the top of a tough group, and they will try their absolute best to hang onto that first position. However, Inter realizes the danger they are in. They need a win this Tuesday to keep their knockout hopes alive, and they are going after a win.
Experience and talent are on the side of the Italian club, and they are expected to secure a win at their home. But it is definitely not going to be easy, and a clean sheet is possibly out of the equation.
Inter Milan vs Sheriff Head-to-head
- These two teams are about to lock horns for the first time. The two are also about to face an opponent from each other’s country for the first time.
Inter Milan vs Sheriff Prediction & Analysis
Inter were held to a 0-0 draw the last match-day in the CL by Shakhtar. Meanwhile, Sheriff registered a confidence-boosting win against Real Madrid the past game week.
Going on, Inter are on a great streak despite their slow start to the European campaign. In fact, they have lost just against three teams since the first week of January 2021 – Real Madrid, Juventus, and Lazio – some of very best teams in Europe.
Moreover, they are on a winning run at home since February, barring their defeat against Madrid, and their draw against Atalanta.
They are certainly capable of securing a win against a team from the inferior Moldovan top flight, and expect them to do so as well.
However, Sheriff have simply been on another dimension in terms of offense in the past several months, and they also have a great momentum due to this streak. Expect them to find the back of the net at least once, and thus a goal-fest this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sheriff are at the top of Group D standings, and that too with a 100% winning record. They have also scored the most number of goals of the four teams.
- The team had won the Moldovan league the last season in style. They had lost just once all through the campaign – and had recorded 32 wins from just 36 fixtures. And impressively, they had slotted in a total of 116 goals.
- Currently, they are on a five-fixture winning streak, and a 19-game unbeaten run (16 wins, 3 draws).
- Meanwhile, Inter had secured the tough Italian title in 2020-21, and thus put an end to the nine-year monopoly of Juve. Note that they had a 12-point lead at the top, at the end of the campaign.
- They had scored a total of 25 goals from their past seven home appearances.