Genk vs West Ham United
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 4 November 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Luminus Arena.
Not only have West Ham been a dominant force in the English top flight this season, but they have carried over that form to the Europa as well.
They are at the top of Group H table with a 100% winning record, and are locking horns with the dead-last placed Genk, who have lost all but one of their fixtures in the campaign so far.
It goes without saying that the English team is the overwhelming favorite to post the three points on the board this Thursday.
Genk vs West Ham Head-to-head
- The latest meeting between the two teams ended in a 3-0 win for West Ham.
- They have a 100% winning record against other Belgian rivals as well, barring a loss against Anderlecht in 1976.
- Meanwhile, Genk have a 100% winless record against English teams.
- Barring a 1-1 draw against Chelsea, they have lost all of these matches and have conceded two or more goals.
Genk vs West Ham Prediction & Analysis
The latest match-day in the Europa saw these two teams taking on each other, and then West Ham delivered a comprehensive 3-0 win at home.
They are now on the verge of becoming group champions, and they are definitely eager to get the job done – as they could then concentrate on the EPL, which seems to be getting tougher each passing game week.
Meanwhile, Genk are on a rather poor stretch of games. They had lost three of their former five overall fixtures, and they have a total of three wins at home all through the 2021-22 season.
Judging these factors, expect West Ham to continue their impressive run, and post another three points on the board this Thursday.
Key Stats for Betting
- West Ham are at the top of the table after winning each one of their Europa fixture this season. And with a 7-0 combined scorecard, they have the best offensive, as well as defensive stats.
- They had won eight of their former nine games in all competitions, and are on an unbeaten run on the road since April.
- In fact, they had won nine of their last ten away match-ups, and they had slotted in a total of 24 goals in the process.
- Meanwhile, Genk have a 100% losing record in this edition of the Europa, barring their win against Rapid Vienna. They have also conceded the most, and scored the least in the group